JLUR Rear Defroster ???

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey all, I remember seeing a thread about this a while ago but I was curious if anyone had an update on and/or experience this...

The rear defroster lines on my JLUR are discolored in certain spots versus the majority. The material does not run off on a towel or anything and if I were to press the rear defroster button, it shows a solid light. However, I'm not 100% sure it will even defrost completely. Thoughts? Anyone else see this or have service investigate? Thanks.

IMG_20180521_095752.jpg

IMG_20180521_095759.jpg

IMG_20180521_095816.jpg
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I posted about this a few weeks ago. Mine is the same and some others have posted similar issues as well. I think it looks like crap for a $50k vehicle, but if it works then I assume the dealer won’t do anything about it. And, won’t be able to test it until winter comes.

I do recall some who bought early I. The year had issues with the rear defroster working. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Also wonder if this is only happening to Jeeps in high humidity areas as to me it seems like rust. Can someone chime in from Colorado to let us know if you’re seeing the same thing.

Thx

OP
OP

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ah that's right, that's where I remember discussing the defroster line issue .Yeah I'd like others to chime in, I'm curious if this is something I need to have replaced. Otherwise if she works, I could care less about the discilodiscol.

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
some of the lines in mine are discolored, but it does not seem to affect the rear defroster from working. now getting them to automatically turn on with remote start in cold weather is another thing!

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Man that looks like crap. Totally unacceptable considering how expensive these vehicles are. I'm so glad I waited to buy so they can iron stuff like that out in the meantime.
Sponsored