Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Anyone get a good deal near Richmond, Virginia? I'm holding out for diesel and I want a fully loaded Sahara with the power top. Trying to plan out where I'm either going to order from or shop at
Tri-City is around 3 hours from there.

So is Koons.

Both are forum sponsors and offer great prices.
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I just got one from Farrish in Fairfax at 5% under invoice. Someone else posted a little better deal they got from them. I could have gotten another 1% from Tread Lightly but my order came in to fast and my 1month hadn't arrived yet.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I've reached out to Tri City and Koons, but just found out that Spencer @ Farrish in Fairfax is offering 6.5% off invoice (1% with tread lightly).

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

These deals are all dependent upon financing so they can make some $ back I take it. What is the best deal a cash customer can hope for?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
These deals are all dependent upon financing so they can make some $ back I take it. What is the best deal a cash customer can hope for?
I’ve taken finNce to get the extra $x,xxx discount and then paid off in 4mo before. Was worth $200 of interest to get an extra $1k off.

I can’t answer your question on best cash pricing.

Sponsored

Absame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I am getting 6.5% off invoice from Farrish. Agreed on price before discussing how and if I’d finance. So who knows but it wasn’t a condition.

Leah@TriCityJeep

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Leah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.14jeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
New Order Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We do not require financing with us with our deal. Standard 5% below ACTUAL invoice, 6% below ACTUAL invoice with FCA Affiliate Code (Tread Lightly, etc). I refer to ACTUAL invoice because that includes destination...we do not add that back. You won't find a better deal..."The Deal You're Needin' is in Eden!"

MTM1974

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD; 2020 WK2 on Order
I got 5% below invoice at Adam's in Annapolis.
Is it me or has practically all mentions of Adam's in Annopolis, MD been removed from the forum? I personally posted about them being 5% under invoice after emailing with the salesperson and included the contact info. That post was removed with no explanation/message. I have seen a few other postings over the past couple of months, but I can no longer find them by searching. Hmmm....

Paladin1

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Is it me or has practically all mentions of Adam's in Annopolis, MD been removed from the forum? I personally posted about them being 5% under invoice after emailing with the salesperson and included the contact info. That post was removed with no explanation/message. I have seen a few other postings over the past couple of months, but I can no longer find them by searching. Hmmm....
I picked up my JLU Sport Sting Gray today from Adams in Annapolis at 5% under invoice. Great experience.

MTM1974

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD; 2020 WK2 on Order
I picked up my JLU Sport Sting Gray today from Adams in Annapolis at 5% under invoice. Great experience.
I thought I saw someone from NJ post that they got 6% under --- 1% tread lightly + 5% under invoice.

Hope you get to enjoy it with the top off/down this weekend!

Sponsored

SaltyJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Friend , the stealers words are foul-breath scams . Dealer makes about 20% of msrp , so they are not giving up much when they negotiate . If you can get 10% off msrp , then they are still making 10% , which is fair for everyone . And 8% off msrp is also fair , but advantage to stealer . 10% off msrp is a 50-50 split .

But most stealers don't want to give up anything . Dennis Dillon is the best , actually ; but driving back from Idaho in a JL with questionable electronics ? Doubt it .

That entire "invoice" business is a marketing scam to con you into thinking you are getting their best deal .
I know this an old post but I am curious to know where you got your figures from? What information do you have that dealerships have a 20% profit margin on new vehicles? Is there literature or a website link you can provide?

I worked in the car business for years prior to my new career and I knew the exact cost of every vehicle I sold. I structured and sold thousands of new car deals in my 7 years in the business. The profit margins were not nearly that high, even on the more expensive models. And yes, I used to sell Jeeps too. Back then, the software we used would tell us the net, net net profit of each and every deal. This not only included the profit of the vehicle sale itself, but also financing, insurance, and accessories. If I wanted to know what the dealerships final profit was after subtracting commissions for the salesperson, sales manager, finance manager, flooring cost, and a coupe other things I can't recall right now, many of the deals were net losers. The dealership would only recoup that loss in the form of a manufacturer incentive if they hit their quarterly sales objective, but not always.

In my professional experience, delarships made an average of about 2% net profit. They must pay all of their remaining overhead and taxes with this profit. So on average, a dealership selling a $25k-$50k Jeep might make $500-$1k in net profit. If you think that's a lot, think again.

I saw the electric utility bill several times for the dealership I worked for. The electric bill was always about $15k per month. The average salesperson at my dealership sold 10-15 cars per month, and a good salesperson sold between 15-20 cars per month. So it would take 1.5 average salespeople one month of work just to keep the lights on. I could go on and on about the overhead but I think that gives you the picture.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I know this an old post but I am curious to know where you got your figures from? What information do you have that dealerships have a 20% profit margin on new vehicles? Is there literature or a website link you can provide?

I worked in the car business for years prior to my new career and I knew the exact cost of every vehicle I sold. I structured and sold thousands of new car deals in my 7 years in the business. The profit margins were not nearly that high, even on the more expensive models. And yes, I used to sell Jeeps too. Back then, the software we used would tell us the net, net net profit of each and every deal. This not only included the profit of the vehicle sale itself, but also financing, insurance, and accessories. If I wanted to know what the dealerships final profit was after subtracting commissions for the salesperson, sales manager, finance manager, flooring cost, and a coupe other things I can't recall right now, many of the deals were net losers. The dealership would only recoup that loss in the form of a manufacturer incentive if they hit their quarterly sales objective, but not always.

In my professional experience, delarships made an average of about 2% net profit. They must pay all of their remaining overhead and taxes with this profit. So on average, a dealership selling a $25k-$50k Jeep might make $500-$1k in net profit. If you think that's a lot, think again.

I saw the electric utility bill several times for the dealership I worked for. The electric bill was always about $15k per month. The average salesperson at my dealership sold 10-15 cars per month, and a good salesperson sold between 15-20 cars per month. So it would take 1.5 average salespeople one month of work just to keep the lights on. I could go on and on about the overhead but I think that gives you the picture.
the major income stream for a car delaership isn't car sales, and you should know this.

Fixed ops is always #1, followed by preowned, F&I and new cars is always dead last.

SaltyJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
the major income stream for a car delaership isn't car sales, and you should know this.

Fixed ops is always #1, followed by preowned, F&I and new cars is always dead last.
Yes I am very aware of that. I didn't want to stray too far off tangent in addressing the myth of new car sales profit margins.
Sponsored