Sponsored

JL Lease info.

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
i meant thats the negotiated price

Wow, I went to a few dealerships and they all pretty much made it seem like there wasn't much wiggle room becuase #1 it's a wrangler and becuase it's so new, I'm feeling like I need to renegotiate my deal‍♀ Do you think that's possible?

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Wow, I went to a few dealerships and they all pretty much made it seem like there wasn't much wiggle room becuase #1 it's a wrangler and becuase it's so new, I'm feeling like I need to renegotiate my deal‍♀ Do you think that's possible?
Yes it is possible. I had initially agreed on 1% below invoice price until a few dealerships here started offering upto 5% below invoice. I texted my dealer and told him the deal was off unless he was willing to re-negotiate. We agreed to 3.5% below invoice.

Now I got another offer which is close to about 7.5% below invoice. Im going to show that paper to him again and see if he can bring the price down some more. Its definitely do-able, but you have to go in there acting like you did your homework. Show them the deals other people are getting across this forum, until you find a deal you like.

Nowadays, theres pretty much nothing a dealer can do to "hide" fees, or lie about pricing, especially on a Wrangler. Too much info on this forum for them to pull tricks on you. You have all the proof you need on this forum. If they say they can't do it, just find yourself another dealer, but be warned, you may have to venture out of your comfort zone radius because some dealers have more flexibility than other dealers depending upon how many Wranglers they actually sell.

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Yes it is possible. I had initially agreed on 1% below invoice price until a few dealerships here started offering upto 5% below invoice. I texted my dealer and told him the deal was off unless he was willing to re-negotiate. We agreed to 3.5% below invoice.

Now I got another offer which is close to about 7.5% below invoice. Im going to show that paper to him again and see if he can bring the price down some more. Its definitely do-able, but you have to go in there acting like you did your homework. Show them the deals other people are getting across this forum, until you find a deal you like.

Nowadays, theres pretty much nothing a dealer can do to "hide" fees, or lie about pricing, especially on a Wrangler. Too much info on this forum for them to pull tricks on you. You have all the proof you need on this forum. If they say they can't do it, just find yourself another dealer, but be warned, you may have to venture out of your comfort zone radius because some dealers have more flexibility than other dealers depending upon how many Wranglers they actually sell.
you are so right, I actually mentioned your info when I called to find out any updated status info (D1) and right away he started saying that your credit is prob T1 (mine is T2) based on Chrysler capital and that you put an extra 1k down, and your MSRP is lower but with that said the numbers still seem way off. 1k diff is about 20$ diff on a monthly right?

Sponsored

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
you are so right, I actually mentioned your info when I called to find out any updated status info (D1) and right away he started saying that your credit is prob T1 (mine is T2) based on Chrysler capital and that you put an extra 1k down, and your MSRP is lower but with that said the numbers still seem way off. 1k diff is about 20$ diff on a monthly right?
1k fir 39 months is about $25 a month...Yes my credit is T1.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sahara white with body color top
MSRP 46,715
1k down for order
Putting 4K down total
NY
10k/39mo
$436/mo but expecting 18-20$ increase

Sound like a good deal? Yay or nay?
You need to ask your dealer for the residual and the money factor and then publish that here.

Also I always recommend you negotiate the selling price first and don't just go for the payment.

There is no reason to pay more than 1% below invoice - that is a no-haggle price.
Search for the Tread Lightly thread on the forum to learn more.

Also search for BonusDrive to make sure you get a $500 rebate after you buy.

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
You need to ask your dealer for the residual and the money factor and then publish that here.

Also I always recommend you negotiate the selling price first and don't just go for the payment.

There is no reason to pay more than 1% below invoice - that is a no-haggle price.
Search for the Tread Lightly thread on the forum to learn more.

Also search for BonusDrive to make sure you get a $500 rebate after you buy.
Okay so residual is 74% and money factor is 8.25 is that any good? Just got word that my monthly would be 458/39mo

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so residual is 74% and money factor is 8.25 is that any good? Just got word that my monthly would be 458/39mo
That’s a MF of .0034375!
Get a credit check(score) because that seems like a rate for Tier3. As well, you most definitely can do better than paying MSRP.

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
That’s a MF of .0034375!
Get a credit check(score) because that seems like a rate for Tier3. As well, you most definitely can do better than paying MSRP.
contacted Carneza from NJ and was told I would have to select the tire upgrade which brings MSRP to 47,610 but then after the 3% invoice brings it down to 43,582.10 not including 398 doc and 450 dmv and tax rate of 8.875 does that sound about right? Are these numbers subjected to credit? My current order has an MSRP of 46,715 with 74% residual factor and 8.25 interest bringing me to $458/39mo I'm currently in D1 status need advice if its worth canceling my current order to go with NJ

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
1C30CD72-DE36-4E45-B237-3F5009217857.png
C396C788-7162-4333-9EF8-713DE67B7089.png
contacted Carneza from NJ and was told I would have to select the tire upgrade which brings MSRP to 47,610 but then after the 3% invoice brings it down to 43,582.10 not including 398 doc and 450 dmv and tax rate of 8.875 does that sound about right? Are these numbers subjected to credit? My current order has an MSRP of 46,715 with 74% residual factor and 8.25 interest bringing me to $458/39mo I'm currently in D1 status need advice if its worth canceling my current order to go with NJ

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I used the details you gave for the new deal that you stated 3% under invoice. I just inputed the MF / RV that you gave from the 1st deal......which I have an issue with. First being the MF of .0034375, next is the RV of 74% (seems a tad high for Sahara) but that can easily be checked. The tax law of New Jersey is new to me as it appears you have to pay all monthly taxes upfront.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
so pretty much I will end up paying more?? I'm so confused:facepalm:
In this last lease I didnt input any down payment as it appears you will need to pay taxes up front if you reside in NJ. I read earlier that you would be putting 4k down on the original deal......then add all your additional upfront cost and you will be coughing up $7000+ at signing. I may be misunderstanding your goal here but I suspect you need to take a step back and re-evaluate all this info, making sure you have everything written down from the salesman of both dealerships.....showing all costs breakdowns. If either are not willing to do this for their client.......RUN

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
In this last lease I didnt input any down payment as it appears you will need to pay taxes up front if you reside in NJ. I read earlier that you would be putting 4k down on the original deal......then add all your additional upfront cost and you will be coughing up $7000+ at signing. I may be misunderstanding your goal here but I suspect you need to take a step back and re-evaluate all this info, making sure you have everything written down from the salesman of both dealerships.....showing all costs breakdowns. If either are not willing to do this for their client.......RUN
Yup I have a lot to look over, thank you!
Sponsored