New JL lease question

Justi220

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That money factor is too high - you mentioned that you have good credit. Are you getting tier 1 rates or tier 2? Is this through a credit union or Chrysler Capital?
end of the lease buy option price is $32050
Also he to me credit union gives you the best rate and 370$ is the final number he came up with my credit which i think is complete BS.

i went to different dealer and bargained with this current deal....he gave me 5$ less
so 325$ for 48 month 10K miles......$3000 out of pocket including plates and everything(tax fees )
waiting to hear for the banking details.
Sponsored

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
my jeep was 54,400 and my lease is 499 a month 3k down. 12k for 4 years

OP
OP
Danimalnutz

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
I am leasing a jeep wrangler sport s JL model fully loaded
MSRP $43435
1. Technology pkg
2. Safety pkg
3. Cold weather pkg
4. Tube steps
5. Upgraded wheels
6. All weather mopar floor mat
7. Custom pref pkg 24S

My leasing final numbers
Money Factor = .00207
Residual 73%
Month month
330$ per month
10k miles year
3000$ tax and fees
I live in NY And zip 11428

I do have good credit..after checking with finance credit union they told me that thr will be 40$ for monthly payment making my monthly payment to 370$.....can you guys please advice me if this is and good deal or not....thank you much appreciated
I think 330-340 is a good deal on a sport. But 48 months seems high. You should be able to get that for 36 months

OP
OP
Danimalnutz

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
Go buy that Jeep. That is a stellar deal from a quick review.
I am ordering this week so hopefully doesn’t change a ton since lease isn’t locked in. But I think it will still be a killer deal when it comes in. Thanks.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Typ
i am going through credit union and they told me that they give the best rates....is that true?
You’ll typical get a lower MF through a credit union, yes.

That said, you should look at the bottom line payment from Chrysler Capital, too. The MRM has been lowered for all trims through CULA, which services lost credit union leases. Chrysler Capital does not cap MRM so CC deals are actually becoming more competitive (or rather, other deals are starting to suck more and more).

My lease deal has gone up about $80/month due to the turbo delays - RV has dropped, MF has risen, and now MRM has dropped through CULA.

Total cost of ownership is now up about $3k for me over 3 years, compared to when I expected to take delivery back in April.

Sponsored

Justi220

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just to give a data point for comparison this is the lease deal I got end of March:

Sport S 4 Door
Auto transmission
Alpine audio
7" infotainment screen
Black Hard top
Convenience package
39 months, 15k miles

I gave $0 down, sign and drive.
I pay $385/month
MF of about 0.001963

Don't have more details, they didn't want to tell me the actual sale price. I feel that I got a good deal
Bargain little more down...its a good deal

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest getting the app Leasematic and play w #s. And check out edmunds for current RV and MF.

One other suggestion, don’t lease until you really get how the #s are built ... you will pay more than needed otherwise.

And, be careful comparing lease deals in Rubi vs sport vs Sahara ... sport has a way higher RV which will drop monthly payment $50-100/mo! That’s the reason I’m leasing a sport vs Rubi.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
My lease is almost identical but my payment is 380. I also have the same buy out option of 32k which is ridiculous. Class B credit with Ally

end of the lease buy option price is $32050
Also he to me credit union gives you the best rate and 370$ is the final number he came up with my credit which i think is complete BS.

i went to different dealer and bargained with this current deal....he gave me 5$ less
so 325$ for 48 month 10K miles......$3000 out of pocket including plates and everything(tax fees )
waiting to hear for the banking details.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
My lease is almost identical but my payment is 380. I also have the same buy out option of 32k which is ridiculous. Class B credit with Ally
I’d recommend to both that you don’t talk $ payment with dealers. Start out only looking at RV, MF, and MRM. Calculate your payments by hand to force you to understand the lease.

From there, you’ll know a good deal from a bad deal - and will then be equipped for a fair and productive conversation with the dealer.

Last edited:

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I’d recommend to both that you don’t talk $ payment with dealers. Start out only looking at RV, MF, and MRM. Calculate your payments by hand to force you to understand the lease.

From there, you’ll know a good deal from a bad deal - and will then be equipped for a fair and productive conversation with the dealer.
I agree with this. What's essential is finding a good lease calculation app so you can do it there in the showroom and compare what they're telling gou

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Typ

You’ll typical get a lower MF through a credit union, yes.

That said, you should look at the bottom line payment from Chrysler Capital, too. The MRM has been lowered for all trims through CULA, which services lost credit union leases. Chrysler Capital does not cap MRM so CC deals are actually becoming more competitive (or rather, other deals are starting to suck more and more).

My lease deal has gone up about $80/month due to the turbo delays - RV has dropped, MF has risen, and now MRM has dropped through CULA.

Total cost of ownership is now up about $3k for me over 3 years, compared to when I expected to take delivery back in April.
I'm 95% sure the standard MF on Tier 1 through CCAP/FCA is now at .0023 (5.52%)......crappy of them to continue to screw those over who have waited months for mix-ups.

cdgeorge79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I leased a JL Rubicon (MSRP $50,500)
3 yr 15k first payment down only for $589 a month. No trade involved. Is this good?

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I leased a JL Rubicon (MSRP $50,500)
3 yr 15k first payment down only for $589 a month. No trade involved. Is this good?
You would have to post the sale price, any fees, zipcode of where vehicle is registered, Money Factor they gave you (ex: .0016-.0040) and the Residual Value they assigned which should have been 61% if its a CCAP lease. Without that info.....nobody can tell you that answer.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 95% sure the standard MF on Tier 1 through CCAP/FCA is now at .0023 (5.52%)......crappy of them to continue to screw those over who have waited months for mix-ups.
Oops....it appears to still be .00193....my bad CCAP

cdgeorge79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You would have to post the sale price, any fees, zipcode of where vehicle is registered, Money Factor they gave you (ex: .0016-.0040) and the Residual Value they assigned which should have been 61% if its a CCAP lease. Without that info.....nobody can tell you that answer.
My sales price was $47,500 and zip code is 75044. Residual is $32,500. I don’t know the money factor off hand though.
Sponsored