Sponsored

New JL lease question

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My sales price was $47,500 and zip code is 75044. Residual is $32,500. I don’t know the money factor off hand though.
This is the best I could come up with the info you were able to provide. If I’m correct in my assumptions then it looks to be a good deal.....especially considering Texas taxes you on the entire amount of vehicle sales price! I have to assume this is not through CCAP since I cannot get the true RV to match up which should be 61% on a JL Rubi for 36/15. Most likely an Ally lease. Anyways, here you....I assumed a doc fee amount and cap’d your acquisition fee since you said 0$ down.

9980C55D-3863-435C-B337-ED1162ED520D.png

B3C8DBCC-0AEA-4C61-88A5-CEBFA01AA6A4.png
Sponsored

cdgeorge79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is the best I could come up with the info you were able to provide. If I’m correct in my assumptions then it looks to be a good deal.....especially considering Texas taxes you on the entire amount of vehicle sales price! I have to assume this is not through CCAP since I cannot get the true RV to match up which should be 61% on a JL Rubi for 36/15. Most likely an Ally lease. Anyways, here you....I assumed a doc fee amount and cap’d your acquisition fee since you said 0$ down.

9980C55D-3863-435C-B337-ED1162ED520D.png

B3C8DBCC-0AEA-4C61-88A5-CEBFA01AA6A4.png
I just checked and my residual is $33,336. There’s a “rent” charge of $6,000.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked and my residual is $33,336. There’s a “rent” charge of $6,000.
k, let me try some backwards math......for future leases, ALWAYS get the Money Factor they are assigning you since they like to hide it in the paperwork and know the Residual Value going in (that information is posted online).

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
k, let me try some backwards math......for future leases, ALWAYS get the Money Factor they are assigning you since they like to hide it in the paperwork and know the Residual Value going in (that information is posted online).
Who is the lease through? What is the bank on the paperwork

Sky Valley

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
What do you think of latest $299 mo lease on Sport with 8 spd auto trans? Anyone know how much is added to the lease $$dollar wise for each $1000 of options added to the original $299 lease? I need a tow package and perhaps a 3 pc hardtop and window tint. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What do you think of latest $299 mo lease on Sport with 8 spd auto trans? Anyone know how much is added to the lease $$dollar wise for each $1000 of options added to the original $299 lease? I need a tow package and perhaps a 3 pc hardtop and window tint. Thanks in advance.
This is he wrong way to assess a lease.

First negotiate the selling price. THAt will have the most impact on your lease price.

THen get a to awe quot and ask for all the info - residual, money factor, fees.

It is hard for us to compare payments because taxes, down payments, and fees can cause payments to vary especially across states.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is he wrong way to assess a lease.

First negotiate the selling price. THAt will have the most impact on your lease price.

THen get a to awe quot and ask for all the info - residual, money factor, fees.

It is hard for us to compare payments because taxes, down payments, and fees can cause payments to vary especially across states.
^^ this ^^

A few #s drive the math (RV, MF, Msrp vs cap, fees, and length/miles of lease). Educate yourself on those #s and the lease formula. Any deal advertised is likely not a good deal.

jmcf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Potentially leasing an Unlimited Sport S, and wanted to run some numbers by this group. New to the Jeep world, and while these feel like a good deal, I'm afraid I may be missing something. Looking for thoughts / reactions on the below:

MSRP $43,260, Price $41,718
4k down (3k trade-in + 1k cash)
39 mos. / 10k
Monthly payment $269 (inc. tax)
RV $24,626
Unsure of MF

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Potentially leasing an Unlimited Sport S, and wanted to run some numbers by this group. New to the Jeep world, and while these feel like a good deal, I'm afraid I may be missing something. Looking for thoughts / reactions on the below:

MSRP $43,260, Price $41,718
4k down (3k trade-in + 1k cash)
39 mos. / 10k
Monthly payment $269 (inc. tax)
RV $24,626
Unsure of MF
The only thing I would be concerned about is the mileage allowance; 10,000 miles per year is not much. I would at least shoot for 12,500 at a minimum. The residual value is about 67% after 39 months (based on your discount and $4k cash downpayment) is a two edged sword: it keeps your payment lower but if you are thinking of exercising the lease end purchase option it might be a bit high. All in all, other than the mileage allowance it’s not a bad deal.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
The only thing I would be concerned about is the mileage allowance; 10,000 miles per year is not much. I would at least shoot for 12,500 at a minimum. The residual value is about 67% after 39 months (based on your discount and $4k cash downpayment) is a two edged sword: it keeps your payment lower but if you are thinking of exercising the lease end purchase option it might be a bit high. All in all, other than the mileage allowance it’s not a bad deal.
Idk how I screwed this bad even with class B credit (661 experian). First time leasing and did not understand the residual part of it.

MSRP $40,000 Price $38,000
4k down
39 mos. / 10k
Monthly payment $389 (inc. tax)
RV $32k
Unsure of MF
Live in NY
Sponsored