New JL Rubicon Lease dealer vs website Vancouver

agentsmurf

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Something I dont understand, why do lease deals on websites not match what the dealers work out. I am not talking about a small amount. And yes I understand they are usually on the base models and I get that too.

As an example I went to jeep Canada, looked up a JK rubicon 2018 and the lease rate for 48 months paid weekly is $639, so in this example I found a Rubicon for 62K so one would assume a similar residual etc and thus a rate of perhaps $660 per month. right?

Or, is the residual also rolling in a discount to get rid of the remaining JK stock? I think I worked out the residual to be around 67% on the JK rubicon based on the numbers from jeep.ca.

So I phoned one of the dealers that has a 2018 jl rubicon coming in and I get quoted $920 or 460 bi weekly. So there is a vast difference in the numbers. And I mentioned that to them, to which they laughingly replied that they won't match the website numbers, its not possible, its just a ploy to get the customers in the door.

I find this attitude pretty crap, I mean you have a customer contemplating a serious purchase, and they are so divisive about how they handle the deal, not a good introduction to Jeep. I owned a Porsche Cayenne for a while and it was crazy how well they looked after the customer, we received a box of 4 bottles of wine every year, a gift for my birthday every year, and a framed letter from the head of Porsche South Africa on Purchase of the car welcoming you to the family (this was personal signed btw) oh yeah and a subscription to Christophorus magazine and the staff we super friendly, always helpful. Yes I know you pay for the experience but the cars are so well put together that they are worth their money already, the customer interaction is just the icing on the top.

Anyway rant over, am keen to buy a new JL was just annoyed by the sense of false advertising I seem to find here, Land Rover does a similar thing although after hassling the dealer and sending them the numbers from the website they reluctantly decided to honour the pricing on the website. what a mission for something that should be simple maths.

If anyone has a good dealer to recommend in the Vancouver area I would be grateful. I have read Calgary seems to be the place to go, perhaps a straight purchase is easier.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored