2020 JL Info?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
No one's really answered the OP's question. For those longtimers in jeep community, based on past years, when does ordering info and options typically come out for the next model year? I'm a prospective first-time Wrangler owner and am also interested in seeing what may come for 2020.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
No one's really answered the OP's question. For those longtimers in jeep community, based on past years, when does ordering info and options typically come out for the next model year? I'm a prospective first-time Wrangler owner and am also interested in seeing what may come for 2020.
Since the JL has come out, there has been no consistency with this.

2018 came out mid year
2019 came out late compared to the typical JK timeline
2020 will start building in July which is rather early for Wranglers.

Additionally, jeep tends to be secretive, they do not release a bunch of information prior to a new year. Often they tend to continue to make changes during each production year run.

Most likely, 2020 JL will be the same as the previous two years. Maybe an added color at some point.

You will not get ordering bank opening date until right around the time, sometimes after it is already open.

Last edited:

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
So does this mean the diesel will not be an option of the 2020 model? Sorry if that's a dumb question... just not familiar with when and how Jeep will intro a new engine option.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So does this mean the diesel will not be an option of the 2020 model? Sorry if that's a dumb question... just not familiar with when and how Jeep will intro a new engine option.
It was originally scheduled to be a '19 option. No word on the hold up. JT is supposed to get it late next year for the '21 MY. Will the JL get it before that? Seems unlikely the JL would have 3 engines (4 with the 3.6 BSG?) before the JT gets its second option.

Sponsored

RikFlairWoo

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara
When can we expect to start seeing info on 2020 MY Wranglers? Color options are my primary interest. Like many I would love to see Gator or Gobi added to the Wrangler line up.
Rumors of “Sarge” color but not showing on order guide...

JJ Jeeplover

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2013
Dealership today confirmed that wine red and Sarge are NOT on the 2020 order option.
I asked today about ordering a rubicon and my only option to order now is a 2020.

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Where was wine red rumored? Only seen Sarge mentioned so far. Thx

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
If you want to see the 2020 colors go online and look at the 2019 colors. Yes even Mojito.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Odd that Mojito is written in red on the 2020 Info Guide Jay posted. All other colors are written in black. Maybe it means that it will be ending.
Sponsored