Canadian Orders 2020 JL

Gb007

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
How do you track your build for a Canadian order? Are they built at the Toledo plant as well? I have been waiting since Feb with no update.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All Wranglers made are from Toledo.

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude (On it's way)
Build date for mine is July 22nd. Started looking last month and my local dealer just happened to have an order in for a sting grey sport altitude before COVID shut things down. They made a small change the order for me two weeks ago and I agreed to buy it.
How long does it usually take to get rolling off the line once they start btw?

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My build was ordered by the dealer on January 5th. It's already built and a VIN has been assigned. Last I heard from the dealer was that it's "on rail transit"...whatever that means. Still no actual updates on the ETA yet. Very frustrating.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Build date for mine is July 22nd. Started looking last month and my local dealer just happened to have an order in for a sting grey sport altitude before COVID shut things down. They made a small change the order for me two weeks ago and I agreed to buy it.
How long does it usually take to get rolling off the line once they start btw?
The 2020 builds can't go that long because the 2021 people with orders in say they will riot.

If you are saying your dealer had a stock order changed to a sold order then it will be moved into the sold sequencing queue. There is no common sense to how they build them, a 4 month order may be built right behind a 4 day order. Normally it takes 1 to 2 days from start of chassis build to out the door unless there are options that send it to the body vendor where it may take an additional 1 to 14 days. But now a lot of them are getting built but sitting in the parking lot because there isn't enough transport for them.for

And don't believe what Jeep Chat or your dealer says right now for status because the data is messed up, even corporate is saying that.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My build was ordered by the dealer on January 5th. It's already built and a VIN has been assigned. Last I heard from the dealer was that it's "on rail transit"...whatever that means. Still no actual updates on the ETA yet. Very frustrating.
On a railcar but several people have been told that then corporate tells them it hasn't shipped yet. It may be in transit or sitting at the factory.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if the dealership is able to find out more information?
I've asked the dealer a few times, but maybe I'm not asking (or telling) them to check the right system.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if the dealership is able to find out more information?
I've asked the dealer a few times, but maybe I'm not asking (or telling) them to check the right system.
In the US, and I assume Canada, the dealer can subscrube to a transit tracking system like Rubicon VLS that tells location data and ETA. You don't say where in Canada you are. If north of Michigan I think they would truck it but those get tracked also.
A corporate manager has been saying for transit info Jeep Chat and some dealers have been wrong with their info so I don't know where they get their info. Jeep Chat has been known to say a vehicle should be getting to build soon the same day the dealer calls to say it arrived.
Ask your dealer "Do you have a transit tracking system?". If they say yes ask them the date/time it left Toledo, what carrier it left on and where the most recent scan was.

danielscake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
In the US, and I assume Canada, the dealer can subscrube to a transit tracking system like Rubicon VLS that tells location data and ETA. You don't say where in Canada you are. If north of Michigan I think they would truck it but those get tracked also.
A corporate manager has been saying for transit info Jeep Chat and some dealers have been wrong with their info so I don't know where they get their info. Jeep Chat has been known to say a vehicle should be getting to build soon the same day the dealer calls to say it arrived.
Ask your dealer "Do you have a transit tracking system?". If they say yes ask them the date/time it left Toledo, what carrier it left on and where the most recent scan was.

My dealer just keeps telling me that they have no idea when it's coming and that it hasn't left Toledo yet. Very frustrating since it's been "in-transit" for over 2 weeks now, and I'm 400 miles from Toledo.

Sponsored

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
My dealer just keeps telling me that they have no idea when it's coming and that it hasn't left Toledo yet. Very frustrating since it's been "in-transit" for over 2 weeks now, and I'm 400 miles from Toledo.
Mine was built a day or two ago and is now in JS status - Shipped to storage. With my dealer just north of Toronto, I am wondering if it would involve rail travel or just truck(s). Per Maps, it is exactly 299 miles or 481 km to the dealer from the north plant.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in GTA as well...when I was (impatiently) waiting for mine, I was checking this site regularly (https://www.cassens.com/). This is the trucking company that is used to deliver to your dealership. You can search and see all the deliveries made to your dealership and also check to see if your vehicle is on the truck for delivery.

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
I'm in GTA as well...when I was (impatiently) waiting for mine, I was checking this site regularly (https://www.cassens.com/). This is the trucking company that is used to deliver to your dealership. You can search and see all the deliveries made to your dealership and also check to see if your vehicle is on the truck for delivery.
That is awesome, what a tool to use!

I was passing by my dealership just this morning and saw a transport truck unloading vehicles, so I quickly pulled into the lot across the street to see if my "KZR status" Jeep was onboard. No such luck, but took a few pics and watched. As the driver left, I pulled alongside and chatted for a bit and he told me that he came out of London, but that he does do runs out of the States too. Friendly guy.

With your provided website, I was able to see all the vehicles he just unloaded, the signee, and truck, trailer and driver info. Thanks again, with the truck pic I took, I was going to look up the transport company, but instead you hit the nail on the head for me. This site will keep me busy, LOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Canadian Orders 2020 JL Transport

I also see that Cassens has a lot just north of the Toledo Jeep plant, so maybe rail travel is not involved at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL Canadian Orders 2020 JL Transport ma
Sponsored