JL Fires

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
So before I posted I read the article last may about a certain population of jeeps with fire concerns. The reason I searched it, in the past few weeks I've seen a few postings of folks losing their JLs recently to fires. The last one being a 3.6.

Just curious on what folks have seen
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Kballard72

You need to do more internet research on this topic.

There were issues (fire) early on with the 2.0 engine JL's at the plant storage yard.. that issue was taken care of / remedied, with a battery heat shield. https://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/toledo-jeep-wrangler-jl-fires-will-cause-no-impact-production

I'd like you to provide links to these ...... "in the past few weeks I've seen a few postings of folks losing their JLs recently to fires."

Funny, I follow posts on this forum very closely and I have not seen what you have seen. I believe you are mistaken...

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
@Kballard72

There were issues (fire) early on with the 2.0 engine JL's at the plant storage yard.. that issue was taken care of / remedied, with a battery heat shield. https://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/toledo-jeep-wrangler-jl-fires-will-cause-no-impact-production

I'd like you to provide links to these ...... "in the past few weeks I've seen a few postings of folks losing their JLs recently to fires."

Funny, I follow posts on this forum very closely and I have not seen what you have seen. I believe you are mistaken...

I am guessing the OP is referring to the 2 that have been on the JL facebook pages recently. If my count is correct, the total is around 5 or 6 out of 250K that I have seen not including the factory ones.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
So before I posted I read the article last may about a certain population of jeeps with fire concerns. The reason I searched it, in the past few weeks I've seen a few postings of folks losing their JLs recently to fires. The last one being a 3.6.

Just curious on what folks have seen
That's fascinating. I've seen several posts about people who purchased a JL and, within just a few days, according to these posts that I saw, they all found true love, won the lottery, regrew hair, lost 20 pounds, got that jar unstuck, and came up with a super witty retort. All, they said in these posts, after buying a JL.

Now I could provide links to these posts, you know, so that you could see them too, but I won't.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CypressWrangler

Would like links to these....

Reality is Jeeps, Porsches, Honda's ... ALL vehicles can and will catch fire for various reasons. A simple seized brake caliper can be the source..

Anyway, to my knowledge, the JL has no propensity to catch on fire.

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CypressWrangler

Would like links to these....

Reality is Jeeps, Porsches, Honda's ... ALL vehicles can and will catch fire for various reasons. A simple seized brake caliper can be the source..

Agreed. I cant link but take a look at the Jeep Wrangler JL (2018+) Owners Group facebook page. One of the most recent postings is what OP is talking about. It was a 3.6 however only mod was a winch. I put that however in there a lot of people dont know shit about wiring. Very well could have played a roll in this one but winch was not in use.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spend too much time here and I’ve yet to see these posts.

I know the Spicy Mojito was posted here....maybe one other. Most are posted on the facebook groups. But again....I am only remembering 5 or 6 in last year.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Kballard72

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
I know the Spicy Mojito was posted here....maybe one other. Most are posted on the facebook groups. But again....I am only remembering 5 or 6 in last year.

Thanks Cypress probably was the facebook.

It was not an indictment of the JL, simple question.

Probably was 5 or 6 in the last year, I read them in the past few weeks. Hey it's clearly a stupid question and no big deal. 10-4.

Of the 4 jeeps I've owned (cj, tj, jku), I dig my JL the best so far,

even if going back in the shop 2 out of 3 weeks having it. I guess I should clarify it's going back for a real issue, not new owner-itis. I like a jeep to actually start when you press the button, not turn over for 90 seconds and die, I know, high expectations.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Kballard72

Post on the Facebook JL Owners Group from last night...

7C622C19-BC93-4C7C-9445-34D03042D41F.png
Sponsored