Sponsored

JL Delivery Checklist

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Figured it may be a good idea to isolate a single thread to find information on what should be coming with your new JL, as I’m sure some folks have gotten shafted already and not received all the little extras upon delivery. Not everyone knows that info, so here’s what I have gathered thus far (feel free to chime in and I’ll edit if I’m missing items):

1. Two sets of keys
2. Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors)
3. Lugnut key (for spare)
4. Freedom top storage bag (if equipped)
5. Carpet floor mats standard (but not if all season mats are equipped)
6. JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide
7. Jeep receiver insert (if trailer towing group is equipped)

Also, ensure you get registered for the “Jeep Wave Program” because your new JL will receive complimentary maintainence for a period of time.

What am I missing?
What is this “Jeep Wave Program” you speak of?
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
What is this “Jeep Wave Program” you speak of?
What is the Jeep® Wave program?
Jeep Wave is a new program designed to provide select Jeep® Brand vehicle owners with dedicated 24/7 exclusive owner support and a special package of special benefits to enhance their ownership experience and thank them for their patronage to the Jeep Brand.

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/jeep-wave/terms-and-conditions.html

Available for ALL Wranglers, plus Overland and Trailhawk editions of other models as well as SRT and Summit GC's.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
My Hard Rock came with the cool little Red bag with the tow strap, D rings and gloves as part of the package. It's an option now. I might have to accidentally forget it when I sell :)
Yeah, that's the $195 Jeep Trail Rated Kit. Def hang on to that.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Yeah, that's the $195 Jeep Trail Rated Kit. Def hang on to that.
I've actually used the strap and D rings quite a bit. Funny. $55k MSRP and I went cheap and didn't order the $195 option, lol. That would have been another $2 a month :)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I've actually used the strap and D rings quite a bit. Funny. $55k MSRP and I went cheap and didn't order the $195 option, lol. That would have been another $2 a month :)
You didn't order it because a few D-rings and heavy duty tow straps should cost about $60 and you're not a pinhead...

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
You didn't order it because a few D-rings and heavy duty tow straps should cost about $60 and you're not a pinhead...
Yes, then there's that :)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Yes, then there's that :)
Plus, you can find the whole kit on Amazon/eBay for about $90.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Chry...18472630&sr=8-1&keywords=jeep+trail+rated+kit

I've also read about dealers telling customers you need this kit in order to get the Torx ratchet for top/windshield/door removal, which of course is totally bogus.

So, for less than $195, you can get the TRK on Amazon and a DeWalt power driver for the Torx bolts. Sweet.
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF68...=1518472942&sr=8-9&keywords=power+screwdriver

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Are you sure you are supposed to get a receiver insert with the tow group? I have never had a receiver come with a new vehicle with the tow package including my '13 Rubicon. Bought new Fords and Rams...always get tow package and never got a insert?
With tow package you receive a black rubber receiver plug that has the Jeep logo.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
What is the Jeep® Wave program?
Jeep Wave is a new program designed to provide select Jeep® Brand vehicle owners with dedicated 24/7 exclusive owner support and a special package of special benefits to enhance their ownership experience and thank them for their patronage to the Jeep Brand.

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/jeep-wave/terms-and-conditions.html

Available for ALL Wranglers, plus Overland and Trailhawk editions of other models as well as SRT and Summit GC's.
I see that you get a discount on parts, would buying let's say the big brake kit from mopar qualify for the 20%-40% discount? Or it's from other websites? That would be a decent discount given that is at least 20%

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I see that you get a discount on parts, would buying let's say the big brake kit from mopar qualify for the 20%-40% discount? Or it's from other websites? That would be a decent discount given that is at least 20%
You shop through the Jeep Wave Saving Network, and each retailer will offer discounts to Jeep Wave members, but only to a maximum benefit of $500 per year. You need to sign up per the website's instructions to see which retailers participate. I have a sneaking suspicion that the offers will be rather limited.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Are you sure about number 6, user's manual? I got a User's Guide, not the manual. The manual is found online. Unless that is what you really meant.
Update, most new FCA vehicle will not come with the owners manual. Cost of printing too high and they have included it in the sub menu of the touch screen.

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Updated to reflect owners manual changes

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Update, most new FCA vehicle will not come with the owners manual. Cost of printing too high and they have included it in the sub menu of the touch screen.
My UConnect is rebooting every 45-60 seconds, or won’t turn on at all because some fuse/electrical issue. Let me just have a look at the manual... doh!! :headbang:

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
My UConnect is rebooting every 45-60 seconds, or won’t turn on at all because some fuse/electrical issue. Let me just have a look at the manual... doh!! :headbang:
There is a update on most uconnect systems out right now, even unsold stock units. All beware and do the update.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
There is a update on most uconnect systems out right now, even unsold stock units. All beware and do the update.
I was just being facetious... my 2 door is still in D status. Good that FCA has a quick fix coming for the UConnect issue being reported, though.
Sponsored