Sponsored

JL acceleration

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
This debate will go on and on for years here. Mostly, people want to defend their choice and what they picked or what they ended up with.

Bottom line for me is both engines are adequate and the differences are not significant enough for it to be a big deal.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Why do you feel the need to project your non-factual statements as facts? Also, 21k in less than a year is not average driving. DOT indicates the average is 13,476 miles per year for Americans. It just seems like you're looking for a reason to bash on the 2.0/BSG setup.
I don't need to bash it, Fiat poor quality will do that for me. I was speaking for myself, not you, Einstein. I'm hard on vehicles and an unproven engine with some rather obvious weaknesses and added complexity is something that just doesn't make sense for me. Sorry but 4 bangers just don't do it for me. If that turns your crank, then have it.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be gear ratio, + areodynamics

2018 Pacifica
First Gear Ratio : 4.71
Second Gear Ratio : 2.84
Third Gear Ratio : 1.91
Fourth Gear Ratio : 1.38
Fifth Gear Ratio : 1.00
Sixth Gear Ratio : 0.81
Reverse Ratio : 3.81
Clutch Size : in N/A
Final Drive Axle Ratio : 3.25
Seventh Gear Ratio : 0.70
Eighth Gear Ratio : 0.58

• 2018 JL
  • 1st - 4.71
  • 2nd - 3.13
  • 3rd - 2.10
  • 4th - 1.67
  • 5th - 1.28
  • 6th - 1.00
  • 7th - 0.84
  • 8th - 0.67

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My penis is bigger than yours. It's the ocean of the motion. This is why forums are kind of a drag. I just like "I bought a jeep and I love it"
Mine is only 2 inches. But I measure from the floor.

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
You do realize it doesn't change the speed at which the jeep accelerates, right? Just throttle sensitivity... 100% is still 100%.
Sorry your wrong it improves the quickness that you accelerate. You right speed is the same when you get there but this gets you there quicker.
Way better than the stock pedal response is better and you are way quicker off the start.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Sorry your wrong it improves the quickness that you accelerate. You right speed is the same when you get there but this gets you there quicker.
Way better than the stock pedal response is better and you are way quicker off the start.
Nope you are wrong. The pedal becomes more sensitive but actual acceleration (IE 0-60) does not change. It just changes the mapping of the pedal, it does NOTHING for performance. Anyone that tells you the Jeep actually IS quicker is lying.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Nope you are wrong. The pedal becomes more sensitive but actual acceleration (IE 0-60) does not change. It just changes the mapping of the pedal, it does NOTHING for performance. Anyone that tells you the Jeep actually IS quicker is lying.
This is correct. It only changes the sensitivity of the gas pedal. To accelerate quicker would need more power, which a pedal commander does not provide. It does give the sense of additional power. With saying this, I have run a pedal commander on several of my vehicles. I enjoy the crisp throttle compared to the lazy throttle calibration from the factory.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think the 2.0 engine is well proven in Alfa models that are winning awards. It will be very tuneable and all these concerns about batteries or cooling systems are silly, the batteries will likely be 300-500$ by the time anyone needs to replace them. The cooling systems are a radiator and some fluid, we’ve been doing that for ever now, again nothing to worry about. Also don’t forget one could technically go without the BSG as it isn’t needed to operate. In 2-3 years all this will be forgotten, the Pentastar will be retried and the 2.0 will be the workhorse of the FCA fleet. Lots of room with this engine. We did this same thing when the 4.0 was put to pasture, breathe everything will be okay.
Sponsored