JK hater

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
An update:

I went back to the UPS store where this 'F-U wave' occurred. They let me review the surveillance video and I got the guy's license plate #. My buddy who is a local cop ran it and got me the dude's address. As I am sure any of you would do, I drove by the guy's house to sort this sh$t out.
Turns out he is a very nice guy and felt terrible about the whole incident. The thing is, he is a breeder of red-bellied piranhas for the exotic fish trade and as a result of 20 years of piranha breeding he has only his middle finger left on his left hand. He actually WAS waving back!

Ok, so that's how I will imagine it happening...I can sleep now.

In other news- the fam and I are headed for our first Jeep beach trip tomorrow!
That made my morning. :cwl:
Sponsored

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
So here's my point of view on this...

I remember when I first bought my first JK oh wow people were throwing every single insult they could throw at me. Owning a first-generation Jeep it's taking on the great responsibility. Yes you're driving a 60000 50,000 $40,000 Jeep and guess what they will probably be more expensive over the years obviously you're going to have to haters that don't have that kind of money. I remember when I was driving my YJ every time I saw a tj I would be so jealous that somebody can afford 35 inch tires LOL.

My advice take it with a grain of salt in two to three years once a Jeep is proven you won't have any more issues like this

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
So let me get this right. Some of the JK guys are jealous because your JL is longer than theirs?
Remember: It's not how long you make it. It's how you make it long. That's what she said anyhow. :devil:

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I donā€™t even wave at Jeep owners anymore unless itā€™s Pre-JK. Most JK owners here in south Florida donā€™t know the ā€œwaveā€ and most are college girls that think theyā€™re godā€™s gift and thatā€™s the reason all these guys are waiving at them. Itā€™s sad but itā€™s something Iā€™ve had to stop doing because the uninformed owners that buy a wrangler to follow a trend.

Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
I had a guy in a jacked up black JK wave to me, and it caught me off guard in the best way possible.

Don't let one a-hole ruin your day. Ignore it and keep waving!

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had a guy wave at me this morning on my way back from selling my Rubicon suspension to a forum member. He was driving a heavily lifted, older Cherokee. I gave him a half-wave and wondered if he rated a full wave or not...........lol.

I mean, ya start waving at Cherokees, next thing you know, we will be waving at Compasses and Renegades. Where does it end?

;)
Never
MVIMG_20180728_162547.jpg

Tommy T

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Hemi Cuda Covertible
Occupation
Engineering/Construction
Maybe he was letting you know you are number 1
or else that was how many friends he had before his dog died. LOL

Sponsored

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
I had something happen, actually, on the way home from the dealership the day I bought my JL, that I have to get off my chest.

It was getting dark, and I was trying to figure out my automatic lights, and my 8.4 Uconnect, and dealing with the numb as hell, dangerous, floaty steering all over the road, and suddenly, I saw a white Rubicon JLU go past me in the other direction. The big muscled dude in the front seat with a fully tattooed arm hanging out the window had given me the "hang loose" sign as he went by and all I could do is stare in slack-jawed awe at the gorgeous new JL I was seeing...totally forgetting that I was driving one myself, and a 2 door at that, which was probably a shock to him.

Long story short, I blew it. My first Jeep wave and all the guy got in return was a pair of giant eyes and a river of drool on the side window as he went by.

If you're out there, tattooed white JLU dude, please know that I'm sorry...and I've been waving ever since!

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I have been passed on so many waves Iā€™ve stop doing them. Most appeared to be women around college age (sorry). Then the other day I get a wave from an all black, jacked up, doors off jk... I say to my husband in the passanger seat (yup my Jeep, my drive ;))... did you see my first wave!!... heā€™s just laughing at me. Iā€™m all like :rock: Little things make my day. Keeping on waving, brings a smile

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I have to admit, I have a Renegade. A Can-Am Renegade! :rock::cwl:
I waved at a Renegade... he waved first, and it was my fav color Anvil, and it was mud caked. Since he waved first i assumed it was his appreciation for my wrangler. Since at the time mine was semi-clean could have been him waving to say get out there and follow me 9ussy! LOL!!!
I wave at most wrangler (when i am not doing something else with my hand) if they wave back cool! If not i always say one of two things 1 they donā€™t know the rules or 2 rude @ss. Itā€™s almost like a coin flip, no rhyme or reason. Though if i ever wave and get flipped off Iā€™ll flip back.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, but I have a manual transmission and you can't really expect me to to be driving, shifting gears, drinking a beer, and waving at the same time. I'm not going to give up my beer and giving up the first two aren't an option either, so just don't hold your breath for the wave unless I'm not doing one of the other three. :)
Sponsored