Jeeps chat-based support system is...challenging

fjrrider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUS
I guess I'm the odd ball. I don't have an issue with them. Maybe it's just luck of the draw with who you get. Each time I checked with them, they gave me exactly what I was asking for. I typed up my info and saved it so it was a copy/paste each time. "Can you provide me with a build/ship status on my new Wrangler? Vin (xxxx) Name (xxxx) Address (xxxx) Phone (xxxx) email (xxxx)". Each time, I was able to get what I was asking for. They wouldn't necessarily give me the code, but, if I would ask them if it was in Status x, they would tell me. Just today they gave me an estimated delivery date range of 'by Feb 7'. We'll see if they are right. Logistics is a bear and there are so many variables that can impact the actual 'land at dealer' date. There's a big difference between tracking a package from an Amazon warehouse and tracking a vehicle that will be shipped on one of the transport methods and a lot is out of their control once it leaves the plant. I know it's not perfect and not as good as the days when you could enter your VIN and get a status with no other intervention, but it's much better than the old days when you would order a vehicle and not hear anything more until it showed up at the dealer.
As far as 'harassing' the dealer, at 8% under invoice, I realize they are still making money on it since they aren't running a charity, but I also realize they aren't making as much as if they sold it at sticker price, so I try to keep my harassment to a minimum because I know that no amount of harassment will make the plant move any faster on my build and it won't make the person driving the car carrier drive any faster to get it there. No sense in getting all caught up with the things we can't control. Once it shows up, all of that becomes a distant memory.
Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I guess I'm the odd ball. I don't have an issue with them. Maybe it's just luck of the draw with who you get. Each time I checked with them, they gave me exactly what I was asking for. I typed up my info and saved it so it was a copy/paste each time. "Can you provide me with a build/ship status on my new Wrangler? Vin (xxxx) Name (xxxx) Address (xxxx) Phone (xxxx) email (xxxx)". Each time, I was able to get what I was asking for. They wouldn't necessarily give me the code, but, if I would ask them if it was in Status x, they would tell me. Just today they gave me an estimated delivery date range of 'by Feb 7'. We'll see if they are right. Logistics is a bear and there are so many variables that can impact the actual 'land at dealer' date. There's a big difference between tracking a package from an Amazon warehouse and tracking a vehicle that will be shipped on one of the transport methods and a lot is out of their control once it leaves the plant. I know it's not perfect and not as good as the days when you could enter your VIN and get a status with no other intervention, but it's much better than the old days when you would order a vehicle and not hear anything more until it showed up at the dealer.
As far as 'harassing' the dealer, at 8% under invoice, I realize they are still making money on it since they aren't running a charity, but I also realize they aren't making as much as if they sold it at sticker price, so I try to keep my harassment to a minimum because I know that no amount of harassment will make the plant move any faster on my build and it won't make the person driving the car carrier drive any faster to get it there. No sense in getting all caught up with the things we can't control. Once it shows up, all of that becomes a distant memory.
Which dealership did you order it from?

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Criswell in Gaithersburg, Md. this will be my 2nd Jeep I got through them. Working with Carl Wilhelm.
I wonder if my JLUS will come on the same truck. I went JB yesterday. I am going to ask for the delivery date today.