Sponsored

How trustworthy is info from Jeep Chat?

DSGDSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Willys
Evening everyone. Ordered a 2022 Willys the first week of December. Initially had the hard top and sunrider and was told 4 months. But then I found out what the one touch actually was and changed my order to that which not only decreased my total price, but they said that the parts were on backorder so there was no ETA for when I'd get my car.

So I've been on Jeep Chat a few times to see what was going on. Each time I go I get the same canned response. Any time I press for an answer to a question, they are really hesitant to provide me any info. The first time I went, I was told that all the parts were available, there was no issue with gathering. The second time, I was told there are parts on backorder. Last night was the third time and I was told there are no issues with supply, all parts are available and being gathered. I asked if they are building Willys yet and was told no, they would be informed of the plan to start around the end of the month.

How much confidence can I put into what I am being told on Jeep Chat? I'm mostly concerned about the effort being made to not answer questions and the contradictory info.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

It is as good as their computer is telling them. For me it was pretty accurate. They are not allowed to give much of an answer they have no control over, I mean like codes etc. Contact your dealer they have the dealerconnect to FCA and can give you codes etc.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
same here. pretty accurate and good experience. at one point i was getting same gathering parts for months, but someone was actually gathering parts. I wish my sales person was little more communicative though. sometimes i feel he is doing me a favor by selling me a Jeep

Deleted member 59498

same here. pretty accurate and good experience. at one point i was getting same gathering parts for months, but someone was actually gathering parts. I wish my sales person was little more communicative though. sometimes i feel he is doing me a favor by selling me a Jeep

Isn't that the truth, sometimes I thought "maybe if I slide him a 20 he will give me some codes and such!" LOL

Once it was in paint though he updated me weekly. I guess I was just impatient waiting on D1.

OP
OP

DSGDSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Willys
It is as good as their computer is telling them. For me it was pretty accurate. They are not allowed to give much of an answer they have no control over, I mean like codes etc. Contact your dealer they have the dealerconnect to FCA and can give you codes etc.
I thought the best way to get info was through Jeep Chat and not the dealership? I could have sworn I had read that somewhere along my way.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I thought the best way to get info was through Jeep Chat and not the dealership? I could have sworn I had read that somewhere along my way.
Nah they only have simple responses. Dealer has more info.

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I found it it be generic canned ETAs at best. They can tell you what stage it’s in now, but not when it will move to the next stage or any real ETA with substance of when it will arrive at the dealer. Once it is built, you’re better off reaching out to the dealer at that point
Sponsored