First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I'm trying to be fair as I type this, as I just had a hugely disappointing chat session tryig to fid the status of my delivery.

Typically, I'd chat, they'd ask me for info they didn't need or already had (name, address, phone, vin and such), and we'd progress. They'd give a vague response like "it's in shipping" when i asked for the status.

Then I started asking for the status based on this status list: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

On Tuesday I was given expected delivery dates of between Nov. 13 and Nov 27. Those dates had slipped from the original expected delivery dates of between Nov. 11 and Nov. 25 - but two days, whatever.

Not trying to be too "kid at Christmas", I decided to check in again today.

Today was a very different conversation. Usually, I could get to my goal with some gentle explanations, direct requests and please/thank yous.

Today was "Sorry, no data in the system, call your dealer". When I pointed out the system has data mere days ago, "Crystal" informed me "Sorry, no data, call your dealer". When I asked for the KZ status as last listed in the account, she said she couldn't see it. A few minutes later, after i repeated my disbelief the system simply had no data (let's be honest, shit does happen, it could be blank for all I know...), she informed me that the status code was the same and the delivery dates were the same...

So...she DID have access to some of the data I was asking for, yet refused to share it.

You could see this as she lied to me, it could be simply a mistake, or she's having a bad day (she might not even be a she... ;) )

Bottom line here is simple - the process failed me today. It has worked in the past and I'll ping them again tomorrow - maybe I'll get a different response. *shrugs*

But if you're thinking this system will help you get your Jeep ordering fix every time you hit it, be careful. The legendary lack of care displayed by FCA/Jeep towards customers remains alive and well. That said, I bet Corvette, Tacoma and Telsa owners all have similar stories of a seeming lack of care rubbing them the wrong way during the delivery process. (Should we warn future Bronco owners... ;) )

I also wager if I was willing to just drive a Jeep off the lot (assuming the local damn dealers had them with rational options! - saw a Rubicon WITH the smokers group, yet without the trailer tow option (you want the aux switches, wiring pre-runs and the uprated alternator, IMO))...if I just walke din, signed the papers and left...that all this stress simply wouldn't exist!

Really, it IS our own fault, I think, for thinking a multi-model dance-of-a-million-parts would go off without a hitch or delay. THIS is the tax we pay for wanting things our own way... ;)
Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Not speaking from any experience as I am only in D status on my very first Jeep order.

But, from reading various threads on here, I am mentally prepared that once I hit KZ status, my order will enter a black hole with the only updates coming from the dealership.

Multiple people have said after that, the Jeep chat will not update anything but your dealership should get location updates as it moves along in shipping. My plan was to start annoying them at that point as the kid at Christmas that I am. :)

OP
OP
sportsguy

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Not speaking from any experience as I am only in D status on my very first Jeep order.

But, from reading various threads on here, I am mentally prepared that once I hit KZ status, my order will enter a black hole with the only updates coming from the dealership.

Multiple people have said after that, the Jeep chat will not update anything but your dealership should get location updates as it moves along in shipping. My plan was to start annoying them at that point as the kid at Christmas that I am. :)
Funny you mention this!

I dropped my sales manager a quick email and he sent me a screen shot of the update as he sees it. My Jeep is at a rail yard in North Platte NE right now. :)

Now, the distance from that rail yard to the dealership is 1288 miles. The average speed of a cargo train in the US (over the last decade), is between 20 and 23 mph. If the train was in motion 24 hours a day, that'll mean - assuming it LEAVES there today - it'll reach my dealer's drop point in 2.5 days. That's 60 hours of travel at 21.5 mph average.

I'm also assuming the train WON'T be running 24 hours a day as the employees need breaks, so if I drop that to 8 hours a day of being in motion, it's another 7.5 days to arrive here in SoCal. Given my original ship dates are from Nov 13 - 27th, the longer delivery date projected seems realistic as 8 more days of transit pushes me to the 22nd. However, we also have to factor in that it just arrived in NE this morning. So if it spends even a few days there, that date of the 27th looks spot on.

I'm still telling myself "early december" though... ;) Because, as we all know, Christmas is in December!!!

I wonder if other custom order buyers (Corvette, Porsches, etc.) are as crazy as we are with this shizzle... :rock:

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Funny you mention this!

Now, the distance from that rail yard to the dealership is 1288 miles. The average speed of a cargo train in the US (over the last decade), is between 20 and 23 mph. If the train was in motion 24 hours a day, that'll mean - assuming it LEAVES there today - it'll reach my dealer's drop point in 2.5 days. That's 60 hours of travel at 21.5 mph average.
Hey- when did your jeep ship? I ordered mine from the downtown LA jeep dealer and it supposedly hit KZ status somewhere around 11/9. So far the dealer hasn't given me an update on delivery - but if your shipped around the same time as mine, it might track a similar timeframe.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Hey- when did your jeep ship? I ordered mine from the downtown LA jeep dealer and it supposedly hit KZ status somewhere around 11/9. So far the dealer hasn't given me an update on delivery - but if your shipped around the same time as mine, it might track a similar timeframe.
FYI, my SoCal order was about 19 days in shipping. :) :jk:

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat sucks! Every time I talk with them its the same thing with very basic answers. They can't directly answer a simple question and then they direct me to talk to my dealer. Really? I would think that Jeep Chat would have more details in front of them when they look at our orders.

trunz1

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I ordered mine on 10/18, KZ status around 11/5. I was told my ETA is 12/3-12/17 to San Diego. Maybe our jeeps are on the same train! The dealer told me it was still in Missouri last week :headbang:

Nyree

First Name
Nyree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I wish they had a system where you can enter the VIN number and you could track exactly what is going on. I'd even pay for it. lol. I'm just getting very basic answers from jeep chat. On Saturday evening when my Jeep was in D1 status and yesterday it was in I...so you are telling me they had no idea it was being built on Sunday or Monday morning? My jeep was estimated to ship today but considering it is pending installation of additional equipment I'm guessing it is not ;(. If they gave me more information I would not chat as much..lol.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I wish they had a system where you can enter the VIN number and you could track exactly what is going on. I'd even pay for it. lol. I'm just getting very basic answers from jeep chat. On Saturday evening when my Jeep was in D1 status and yesterday it was in I...so you are telling me they had no idea it was being built on Sunday or Monday morning? My jeep was estimated to ship today but considering it is pending installation of additional equipment I'm guessing it is not ;(. If they gave me more information I would not chat as much..lol.
They used to have a system (some of the Jeep websites interfaced with it and depending on your subscription level, you could register and get the information daily). FCA cut it off abruptly for some reason.

What I did with Jeep chat was:
- Call them in the morning to get a status
- Call them in the evening to get a status

Average them over a couple of days. Many times I would get different answers in the morning and evening. Usually one of those calls would line up with previous days calls so I'd have a decent idea what status it was currently at.

Sometimes I would get multiple and different status on the same call. On one call I got the status that it was in paint and shipping the same day.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
I've had so many random responses - one person told me to check back "in a few months". I'm currently in KZ with no ETA as of now - last time I ordered one, I was in KZ with no ETA while I'd been driving it for a week (I checked for fun).

Sponsored

Nyree

First Name
Nyree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It is funny how there is no consistency between the jeep chat people. Most of the time they just give me the words behind the status and won't give me the actual characters...however sometimes I get people who provide more info than others.
12/27 I was told by "Michael" that the vehicle is in the shipping process and there is no ETA
12/28 I was told by "Sarah" that the vehicle is in the shipping stage and that the ETA is between 12/23-1/6 to the dealer
12/29 The window sticker became available..which I thought meant invoiced and shipped.
12/29 Spoke to the dealer and they had no info and said they would call me when the Jeep came in. (Obviously I'm looking for more info than just that...lol)
12/29 Ran into a car carrier that just made the trip from Ohio to New Milford, CT at our dealership. Said it took 10 hours and they drive straight through.
12/30 Spoke to Crystal who gave me a copy and pasted version of what was going on. It says ETA 12/23-1/6 Status: Shipping (KZ) 004 days in this status Location unavailable - please refer to selling dealer for location and shipment information.

OMG...the excitement and wait are killing us!! lol!

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
this
12/29 Ran into a car carrier that just made the trip from Ohio to New Milford, CT at our dealership. Said it took 10 hours and they drive straight through.
Now this is some good intel! Nice work. I heard today..."delivery estimate of 12/25-1/08" - dealer mentioned it is not shipped yet. Good news is Chicago is a short hop, so when it gets loaded, it should be within a day. And of course off for the holidays so idle hands waiting ;)

Last edited:

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
12/29 Spoke to the dealer and they had no info and said they would call me when the Jeep came in. (Obviously I'm looking for more info than just that...lol)
12/29 Ran into a car carrier
The dealer has access (or should) to the exact state of the Jeep and where it is in the shipping process. I sent an email to my dealer every week asking for an update.

I would keep harassing them each week.

Truckin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Totaled), 2020 JLUR
I have to agree with others - Jeep Chat is a waste of time. They are not empowered to really help with info. If they have the materials on hand, then they know when they are planning to build the vehicle due to parts inventory turns goals and forecasts - I cannot understand why they will not share at least a tentative build date. I quit bothering checking with them.
Sponsored