Sponsored

Jeep wave

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
I try to always wave, but people don't do it anymore. I went to MA and ME and about 1 out of 10 waved. I was so pissed! Here in Quebec it is about 50/50.
Sponsored

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
The only drivers that I find rarely wave are women in unlimited Wranglers. Not trying to be sexist. Just my observation.
THIS! Im a woman, if i wave at another lady on a wrangler they NEVER wave back. But it is what it is I guess.
Also maybe a PA thing? In SE PA here. Are we Pennsylvania ladies particularly grumpy or something? Lol

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I wave sometimes. I'm afraid someone will slit my tires if I don't. Got the finger a while back for not waving and don't feel it anymore. Really don't like the "brotherhood" part of it as many Jeep owners are jerks. Around here they want you to wave at ALL Jeep branded vehicles. I really don't get it. I'm not "loyal" to the Jeep brand, I just like Wranglers.
IMHO I think only other Wranglers (ok, and the Gladiators) get the Jeep wave. I love it when I get a wave back but don’t sweat it if I don’t. More often than not I get a wave!

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
I'm a first-time Jeep guy, and I have a lightly-modded base Sport. I try to greet everyone. Two off the wheel, or down and away motorcycle-style if the doors are off.

I'm particularly delighted when a big-time rock-eater waves back (I feel like I'm obligated to salute the superior officer first - and some rock eaters may rightly expect that I'm too much of a noob or suit to wave). But I don't wave to get the wave back - I do it for me.

Look - some of you may watch different cable news shows and vote for different candidates and have different beliefs than I have. But we agree on our love for this vehicle, and for two seconds to not be anonymous, anxious, angry commuters but to have something in common makes me feel a little more connected with you, even if you don't see me or wave back. It's worth the effort to me.

If you don't wave back, that's totally cool.
In Los Angeles, everyone seems mean. ..especially the other women. They wont even make eye contact at me in my cute firecracker red Sport. Personally, I cant help but look at all the Wranglers on the road. I dont care if its a YJ, TJ or JK!I have an appreciation for them all.

Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Two finger “peace” wave takes no effort and makes my day when I receive one on the way to or from work. Why would you not reciprocate?

Maybe 1 out of ten women wave, and I love it when I get one to wave first. My wife and daughter think the Jeep wave is the greatest. My wife now wants to wave in her Acura RDX all the time!

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Also maybe a PA thing? In SE PA here. Are we Pennsylvania ladies particularly grumpy or something? Lol
Nah I don’t think so. I’m a woman, live in SE
Michigan. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a wave back from another lady. Men, I’d say 99% of the time.

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2019
I'm a newbie Wrangler owner and I love the wave but I find the same thing...most women don't wave. No idea why, and it's it's disappointing. I always wave (unless I mistakenly miss it and then I feel so bad I want to yell 'oops sorry!').

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I pulled up behind another JL this weekend with a young girl behind the wheel. She had the Freedom panels off and doors off. All of a sudden a head popped out from the drivers seat, looked back and with the biggest grin she shot me a wave ...:)

Sponsored

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Is it wrong not to do the Jeep wave?
After over 25 years of doing the Miata wave, the motorcycle wave or or general wave because everyone knew my distinctive vehicle, frankly my arm/hand is tired.
Not meaning to seem rude to other Jeep drivers, is there an acceptable manor to say high without the wave?
Only a very small minority wave where I live. I gave up however will always return a wave. It seems the Jeep wave is not as universal as the motorcycle wave.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Nah I don’t think so. I’m a woman, live in SE Michigan. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a wave back from another lady. Men, I’d say 99% of the time.
It’s a very rare thing to get a wave back from another woman.

I do like the wave and it makes me smile—something nice out on the road.

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy the Jeep wave, I actually hate the biker wave.

I get fewer bike waves back and its just more cumbersome to wave and take the hand off of the controls.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
I got tired of waving at every single Wrangler. Now I limit it to those that have upgraded with after-market features. These are the serious Jeepers.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I do the two finger off the steering wheel wave seems to work just fine, and in NC everyone seems to wave in my neck of the woods (a lot of Jeeps roaming around town) … but found this for reference...
I actually though the bike wave was cool (had an 07 Ninja) …

c1289da67263558a804f3ad6fcc8378a.jpg
Sponsored