Sponsored

Jeep Wave Pressure

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I'm that rare Wrangler owner that will also wave at lifted/modded Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Why? Because I feel their pain at being snubbed and looked down at. I have had a lifted and modded WJ for 3+ years and nobody ever waves at me on the road. I felt like Rudolph - not invited to join in their reindeer games . :( I was relegated to hanging out with the Toyota 4Runners.
Loser emoji-10pct.png
I feel your pain. I had a lifted and modded WJ for seven years and didn't get waves either. I generally don't wave now at all.
Sponsored

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
With all seriousness, who cares what they think. It’s your Jeep, you do you.

but if you absolutely NEED to get the wave right, review the following decision tree and commit it to memory. You will be tested on this later.

ZwDBbB8.jpg
Was this part of your dealer delivery paperwork❓😅

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
I do the "two-finger, top-of-the-wheel V" wave, but I don't tend to pay attention to the other driver to see if I get a wave back. It's not that important to me. And, it can be tough to see if they are waving while not paying attention to where I'm going!

If I have the doors off in the summer, I do the "Harley Hand Hang", which is what I do on my Harley, but it is MUCH more noticeable, because your entire body is out there. I have issues in the summer when I switch back and forth between the bike and the Jeep, waving at Jeeps when I'm on the bike, and vice versa. It's my problem, and I'm considering therapy.

Also, I find that I go out of my way to park next to other Jeeps, even if it means parking farther away from building in bad weather. I think the Jeep and my subconscious have joined forces, as I don't realize that I'm doing it until I'm walking past empty parking spaces. Again, therapy being considered. Perhaps even a psychiatrist.

I was introduced to this whole wave thing as I was leaving the Jeep dealer lot with the build sticker still on the window. I was waiting for a jeep to drive by so I could pull out, and the lady driving it was "both arms flailing" waving so hard, that I thought she was nuts. Maybe she has the name of a good therapist...

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Imagine this was all we had to worry about?

Back when they were cool, I was a pilot for Southwest Airlines. Kindness was contagious. If enough people are overtly friendly, you really start to feel like a d*bk if you aren’t. Suddenly, you become friendly, and everyone is even cooler to you. Good times had by all. But, if your thinking you are bad boy cool is more important to you, wallow in it. It’s your choice to be the center of a lonely universe.

It breaks my heart to see the culture at SWA struggling.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I do the "two-finger, top-of-the-wheel V" wave, but I don't tend to pay attention to the other driver to see if I get a wave back. It's not that important to me. And, it can be tough to see if they are waving while not paying attention to where I'm going!

If I have the doors off in the summer, I do the "Harley Hand Hang", which is what I do on my Harley, but it is MUCH more noticeable, because your entire body is out there. I have issues in the summer when I switch back and forth between the bike and the Jeep, waving at Jeeps when I'm on the bike, and vice versa. It's my problem, and I'm considering therapy.

Also, I find that I go out of my way to park next to other Jeeps, even if it means parking farther away from building in bad weather. I think the Jeep and my subconscious have joined forces, as I don't realize that I'm doing it until I'm walking past empty parking spaces. Again, therapy being considered. Perhaps even a psychiatrist.

I was introduced to this whole wave thing as I was leaving the Jeep dealer lot with the build sticker still on the window. I was waiting for a jeep to drive by so I could pull out, and the lady driving it was "both arms flailing" waving so hard, that I thought she was nuts. Maybe she has the name of a good therapist...
Paragraph 1.— ✅. 2.—acceptable as long as you don’t wave at imports or Broncos. 3. ⚠— the first time you park next to what looked like a nice Sahara from the back, then see at least 24” wheels, rubber band tires, hideous grumper grill with LED’s all over , around, and under it and the Jeep. Flowery decals, and frilly crap hanging inside your therapy will be complete and no longer be necessary. ( I should have taken Jeeps next to Jeeps pic for the laugh). 4– either volunteer to give intense personal therapy, politely wave, or make a hasty retreat ( insufficient description to determine) 😊

ronstar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 2021 2dr JL 80th Ann
I always wave. It's just my body's natural involuntary reaction to seeing a Jeep. No pressure involved

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I'm that rare Wrangler owner that will also wave at lifted/modded Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Why? Because I feel their pain at being snubbed and looked down at. I have had a lifted and modded WJ for 3+ years and nobody ever waves at me on the road. I felt like Rudolph - not invited to join in their reindeer games . :( I was relegated to hanging out with the Toyota 4Runners.
Loser emoji-10pct.png
I have no problem waving at modified XJs, because those guys embody the Wrangler spirit.

I mean I do this anyway. Rules for parking:

1. Look for the Unicorn single spot surrounded by curbs
2. Park at the end of a lot against a single curb to minimize others next to you
3. Park next to expensive/enthusiast cars as they will likely take care of their own cars
4. If none of this is available just go home and try again later.

Cleetus did a pretty good job Explaining it all

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
I have no problem waving at modified XJs, because those guys embody the Wrangler spirit.

2. Park at the end of a lot against a single curb to minimize others next to you
3. Park next to expensive/enthusiast cars as they will likely take care of their own cars

Love It‼ That’s me to a T! 😂

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

This guy gets it. Park as far away as humanly possible where you have never seen a car but your own. Or park as far away as humanly possible behind an island but next to a curb where you can hug the curb so you can avoid door dings and the island protects you from the ASSHOLES THAT CAN’T RETURN THEIR CARTS TO THE CART CORRAL. If you don’t return your carts, I will not wave at you.

Sponsored

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have to admit I’m not really that fond of the Jeep wave, there’s just too much pressure. Am i dick if i don’t wave? Should I feel bad if we’re in a who will wave first show down and they wave so late I don’t have time to wave back? What if I wave and they don’t reciprocate? Do they think I’m stupid?

It’s so much pressure. Do I, dont I. FUCK they waved and I missed it.
It went from a fun thing 20 years ago....to today being a chore. Its fun to wave when you see a Jeeper once in a while. Nowadays I can't go to the store without passing 5 Jeeps each way. No thanks. Ill wave from time to time....but thats about it.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
relatively new to Jeeping, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question, is it worse to wave at a Jeep Renegade than a Toyota RAV4 (not that I would intentionally wave to either unless they were incredibilly "tricked-out" ) 🙄🙄🙄😒

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, you are one lazy dude. WTF did you buy a jeep? Should have gotten the Bronco. Didn't realize picking up a few fingers to show common courtesy was such an issue.
Buying a Jeep does not come with any requirements. The wave is optional. Dont put your need for societal acceptance/reinforcement on other people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Buying a Jeep does not come with any requirements. The wave is optional. Dont put your need for societal reinforcement on other people.
Lol agreed. Not to mention the post was a joke with a small amount of truth mixed in, it wasn’t that serious.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

my jeep is lifted+37's and has the beefy LOD Signature Series rock sliders. Cars parked next to me are the ones that need to be careful opening their doors into all of that tubular steel + tire tread;)
Sponsored