Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Seems to depend on where you are. Up here in Toronto in the city not many waves, on the outskirts I get about 80% but does depend on the other Jeep. Lowest percentage seem to be the Saharas while highest the Rubicon drivers. But that might also fit with the soccer mom and teenager comment.... I also agree that I get the most waves from those in modified Jeeps.
Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I think the key is having some visible mods from the front view (lights, winch, lift, etc.). If you appear to be "in-to" your Jeep, i.e. an enthusiast, most all others of like kind will give you a wave. Soccer moms and teenagers don't wave.
Oh man its gonna be a while! lol

First mod was subwoofer only because I already had everything pulled from my previous vehicle.

Second mod will be slider/steps because my girlfriend is 5'0 and difficult for her to get in and she loves the jeep. Happy girlfriend makes a huge difference.

Plus it was a Rubicon so Im pretty poor right now lol

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
So I'm a proud and happy owner of a new JLUR as of 3.14.19....

I live in central florida, we're typically some good ol' nice "country" folk out here. But from the min I drove away from the lot, I've passed over 300 jeeps (total exaggeration but a LARGE number) and not 1 has waved back at me.

What gives? I was wanting to be part of the club immediately. I havent taking Rubi out to play in the woods yet but that's because I'm preparing myself first.

I had 1 jeep creep up on me on the highway. I saw them on the rearview mirror and even let go of the gas, got my hand ready and lowered my window. As they pulled up next to me I look over, smile and lift my arm. It's some chick who looked like she had been staring me down from afar and took a peak, looked away and sped off. Errr!

My girlfriend thinks I'm a doofus and that the wave thing isnt real. I keep telling her it's real but ya'll Florida peeps making this hard.
If I had to guess, your girlfriend has paid off all Jeepers in your area NOT to wave at you so she can continue to call you a doofus. LOL!!

Gippeyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 F350, 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, 1972 Corvette
Must be an Orlando thing. I live between Tampa and Orlando (Lakeland), and pretty much everyone waves unless they are messing with their cell-phone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Must be an Orlando thing. I live between Tampa and Orlando (Lakeland), and pretty much everyone waves unless they are messing with their cell-phone.
I thought maybe it was the younger crowed, although at 31 Im guessing Im consider part of them, but Ive tried waving at older folk too. Nothing.

I guess Im kinda young but Im told I have an old soul. So Im all about tradition lol

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I thought maybe it was the younger crowed, although at 31 Im guessing Im consider part of them, but Ive tried waving at older folk too. Nothing.

I guess Im kinda young but Im told I have an old soul. So Im all about tradition lol
Keep waving, buddy!!

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Not like bikers and not just Harley. Not many waves in my part of Tennessee. I wave and no return.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Almost everyone waves in Kingwood, a Houston Suburb, except the High Schoolers. They seem to be too busy texting to notice.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Around my area It feels like About 1 in 10 vehicles is a Jeep, I don’t wave because I my arm gets tired. And I really don’t like people...

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I'd say it's about 90% in the Atlanta area. I'm new to this so I'm always getting caught off guard and leaving people hanging.

What happens if you're in Denver and 80% of the vehicles are Jeeps? Do you just drive with one hand?

Mojito St Pete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR - Previously 2014 BMW 335i, 2011 Exo X, 2007 WRX
The jeep wave is strong in St Pete / Seminole. And im only 2 weeks in lol
Sponsored