Jeep Wave Double Standard

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Who says it has to be legal. My tires are sticking out and i dont have mudflaps either. Cops dont mind
You’re lucky if cops don’t mind where you live. Here in SoCal, I’d get pulled over within a mile of leaving my house if I had any tint whatsoever on the front windows, let alone the windshield.

Dancer93

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2021 Islander
You’re lucky if cops don’t mind where you live. Here in SoCal, I’d get pulled over within a mile of leaving my house if I had any tint whatsoever on the front windows, let alone the windshield.
It's called pretty privilege 😂 some have more than others

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
New Jeeper here.
With forward collision radar a thing Jeeps could be able to wAVE @ each other in passing...via a headlight flash? etc...patent pending.....

Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I wave all the time specially to Nacho or Dozer? Jeeps. But my wife and daughter drive it more than I do. I doubt that they wave. So maybe it is owner vs borrowed?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave Double Standard IMG_20200627_160524

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I wave all the time specially to Nacho or Dozer? Jeeps. But my wife and daughter drive it more than I do. I doubt that they wave. So maybe it is owner vs borrowed?

I bought my JLUR with the 6-speed manual and my wife can't seem to remember how you operate one (after driving a standard for 15+ years) and for some reason I am not in a big hurry to retrain her. My Rubicon is called my mistress by my kids for a damn reason and I want to keep it that way! What would they call it if she drove it ... the pool boy?

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've been driving Wranglers since my TJ in 2001. I would definitely say the return waves have gone down since then. For me it seems like the 35+ crowd returns waves. I don't even bother waving at White Wranglers with painted fenders anymore, they never wave back.
Damn Saharas...

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

My dealer just tole me Saturday that they have already discontinued the Nacho color. Welcome to rarity.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

Well finally got it lifted today and people have been breaking their hands all day to wav at me... Yeah I been busy...

IMG_20210424_201703.jpg

IMG_20210424_201727.jpg

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I was in St. Petersburg yesterday with my soft top all the way back and I must have gotten a million jeep waves. Seem like when I'm living the #JeepLife, people are more likely to wave than when I look like I'm "going somewhere". Maybe I just look more when I'm having fun.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave Double Standard IMG_20210424_201727
Better fix that! I already told the wife, if she wants to borrow the Jeep she has to commit to the wave. No waiting to see if they wave first, no discerning between years or models... no excused, just carry on the tradition.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Once I asked a rich Asian mom why she drives a Wrangler.

She asked, what a Wrangler?

I point to it, your car.

She replied Oh because it look safe.

Don’t think she’ll be waving back.
When she got home she told of a crazy white guy approaching her about her Jeep.
"I did the old what a Wangler?" in my best Asian and he walked away.... thankfully.......😎
Sponsored