First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Oh Boy... Is this what owning a nacho is going to be like...... šŸ™„
Itā€™s going to be... cheesy. Right @JeffNJ
You have a real chip on your shoulder queso what's your issue?
Water you talking about? I bean meaning to say, Iā€™m glad we can dip into this discussion without things getting heated.
Sponsored

JeffNJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler JLU Sport S Sarge Green
Itā€™s going to be... cheesy. Right @JeffNJ

Water you talking about? I bean meaning to say, Iā€™m glad we can dip into this discussion without things getting heated.
Taco bout a lot of nonsense... queso, just cheese it up and lettuce pray.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Eric: I'm going to write your experience off to...well, "forum/internet culture," where we "like" things.

I think people are confusing internet likes with Jeep Waves, liking your built up rig over your stock one.

In practice, a Jeep Wave should be about waving to those who have something in common with you: Jeep culture, which comes in many forms. And I'd like to think which Wrangler you drive, and whatever you've done to mod it, if anything, should be irrelevant.
Andy,

I would really like to agree with you that your Wrangler's equipment should be irrelevant. Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Before lifting my 2019 Sport 2-Door, I was seldom ever waved at. Sure I was getting some waves but only if I initiated and had done so with enough enthusiasm and distance to get their attention.

After the lift with my 35's and with a wheel offset to poke these bad-boys out just a little bit past the fender flairs, I nearly no longer have enough time to initiate anything. Jeepers now wave to me with enthusiasm.

The only exception I've noticed are the lady Jeepers. They only seem to wave (or wave back) if my wife is also riding along. Do they think that if they wave to a single male Jeeper that we'll turn around and follow them?

Or if we don't pull a UE, it's somehow a negative comment on them?

I suspect that 'equipment' factors way more into this than what we all think. Perhaps it's the bad-boys (not from the flairs) that are more irrelevant after all...

Jay

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Andy,

I would really like to agree with you that your Wrangler's equipment should be irrelevant. Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Before lifting my 2019 Sport 2-Door, I was seldom ever waved at. Sure I was getting some waves but only if I initiated and had done so with enough enthusiasm and distance to get their attention.

After the lift with my 35's and with a wheel offset to poke these bad-boys out just a little bit past the fender flairs, I nearly no longer have enough time to initiate anything. Jeepers now wave to me with enthusiasm.

The only exception I've noticed are the lady Jeepers. They only seem to wave (or wave back) if my wife is also riding along. Do they think that if they wave to a single male Jeeper that we'll turn around and follow them?

Or if we don't pull a UE, it's somehow a negative comment on them?

I suspect that 'equipment' factors way more into this than what we all think. Perhaps it's the bad-boys (not from the flairs) that are more irrelevant after all...

Jay
Equipment: you're absolutely right Jay. It shouldn't be, but it is.

I don't get offended if women don't wave back as unfortunately there are a fair share of men out there who confuse friendly with flirt, and sometimes don't know when to "put the brakes on their overtures."

There are limits to my waving too. Passing a bunch of young ladies whose daddy bought them the Wrangler they ride in, I'll only return a wave, not initiate one.

"But officer, you've never heard of the Jeep Wave?"

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
We try to wave at all Wranglers, but sometimes I find myself busy.....driving (imagine that!!) ... and miss a few. No disrespect intended.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Equipment: you're absolutely right Jay. It shouldn't be, but it is.

I don't get offended if women don't wave back as unfortunately there are a fair share of men out there who confuse friendly with flirt, and sometimes don't know when to "put the brakes on their overtures."

There are limits to my waving too. Passing a bunch of young ladies whose daddy bought them the Wrangler they ride in, I'll only return a wave, not initiate one.

"But officer, you've never heard of the Jeep Wave?"
Andy,

I don't mind waving to anyone. I often give a sincere wave and thumbs up to anyone showing politeness to other drivers. I really do admire and respect those that do. However and unfortunately this is pretty rare these days (and getting even rarer).

I also give a sarcastic thumbs up (rather than the finger) to the really rude and discourteous drivers for cutting off or not letting someone perform a lane change when their signal is on, etc. That is if I get the chance. The really rude people are generally the ones in a hurry and have to be in front of the car in front of them. No matter that there are probably thousands in front of that car, just in their headlong quest to get wherever they're going in the least number of seconds possible.

It's really effective to point to them, get their attention and then give them a sarcastic thumbs up. "Hey nice move. You're the most amazing and important person on this road. Good job!" Most turn red and look guilty as sin immediately. They tend to be way less defensive and aggressive than when throwing them the bird.

Still some care must be taken to not have anyone go off the rails in complete road rage. It's just incredible that so many of us (in the collective sense) are so downright disrespectful. It's never been as bad as now. I suspect tomorrow will only be worse.

I digress, my bad-guys point was more towards the 'double entendre' of the title to this thread "Jeep Wave Double Standard". The double standard is not just between the various Jeeps but also between the Jeeping sexes.

Clearly 90 something percent of Jeep waves are from guy Jeepers. The women typically seem to care not one iota whether there are other Jeeps on the road. And if they do, it seems (to me) it is only when there is at least one other women in the rig.

There is way more here at the surface of the wave than what we're scratching...

Jay

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
I must agree I have notice that slso

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
I think it's all in your head. I waive at every Jeep CJ Wrangler TJ etc. I even wave at Gladiators but mostly because you can't tell its a Gladiator until you almost passed it. Not that I wouldn't wave at them anyway, but they rarely wave back. So they must think that it was accidental, but that's stupid. I'm not prejudice to any Jeep or anything else for that matter. I find that women wave the least, but that's a whole other story now isn't it.

Sponsored

Beanner

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Where I bought my Jeep and a different dealer both do not tell people about the wave. How I learned of it was when I test drove one from a completely different dealer. So out of three dealers only one mentioned the wave.

I blame the dealers not the people. They donā€™t know what they donā€™t know. But I get it, it is aggravating!

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I think there's the possibility that people are mistaking your Nacho JL for a bulldozer or perhaps even a school bus. Hey...it happens! Just sayin'. :bandit:

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
Itā€™s the ā€œugly ducklingā€ syndrome. As mods come so do the waves!šŸ¤£

pitboy68

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT
Clearly theyā€™re salty. And may have underlying beef. Heā€™d do well to pepper them with questions. But if the other vehicle is a woman driving, the lack of a wave may be because cheese fat.
You may be right about the salsa of all this hate. If somebody doesn't wave at OP, and he gets a pico de gallo -ver by the side of the road, he should get jalapenos business about it. You've guac to stand up for yourself! Anyway, avocado go now...

Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Shiii... better be dollaā€™ bills! :LOL:
You own a jeep. They better throw hundred dollar bills cause you are broke from ownership.

Oh Boy... Is this what owning a nacho is going to be like...... šŸ™„
So who is going to be the first one with "Nacho Fault" lettering on the hood?
Sponsored