Jeep specific TPMS sensors

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Putting some new tires on a new set of wheels I purchased. For now I may keep the original wheels and tires. If I want to get new TPMS sensors, do I need Jeep specific sensors or will any generic TPMS sensor work?
Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
You need sensors that are programmed for your year make and model or of course you can buy OEM sensors.
TPMS aren't programed and they don't have different sensors per make and model. Jeep and Dodge share the same TPMS for multiple vehicles. Lots of JEEP compatable TPMS available cheaper than OEM. Make sure you use the right year. I've seen posts saying they switched TPMS on JL's built after 6/21.

Most factory TPMS sensors last for about 5 years/60 months, then the batteries in the sensors have reached the End of Life. Since they are sealed, you need to replace them. If you are close to this mark and one sensor dies and your getting new tires, just replace them all at once. It will save you in labor time.
Good info.

Just wanted everyone to know you don’t need to pay a dealer crazy prices for TPMS sensors. I got these 5 out the door for $53 on eBay and just installed them on my JL Rubicon. Drove two miles and they sync’ed just fine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F181749105026 F6EF83C3-37F4-45E4-BD81-CDD3F02DFCF6.jpeg

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Joe please don’t share bad info. Yes TPMS CAN BE PROGRAMMED, depends if they are direct fit or programmable. Yes a TPMS can work for multiple years. I simply told him he needs to make sure he has the proper TPMS for his year make and model And he could not just put ANY “generic” TPMS in his Jeep as he was asking.

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I bought some cheapos on ebay and they work off and on. Put my other wheels on which have the oems and they work flawlessly
Sponsored