Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
I drove a Narrow track CJ7 right out of high school, until I flipped it and twisted the frame, Also a Suzuki Samurai after that.
Wheeled the ever loving crap out of EVERY 4x4 I’ve owned.
The wife and I got a Sahara because one, it was going to be HER daily, and two, it satisfies my old wheeling tendencies. We reached a happy medium.
We get the “It has 20’s on it, it’s a mall crawler” ALL the time. Also the occasional “Why didn’t you get a Rubicon, If you’re gonna put all that money into it?”
Simple.
It’s our Choice, it’s our Ride, it’s our Money.
It suits our needs perfectly, and we wheel it as much as we can for the JOURNEY, Not the destination.
it might get looked down upon by the hardcore gang and that’s fine. It’s not a hardcore build. I still wave at every person I can with a Jeep and respect every build.
Because at the end of the day, MOST of us really just like that small taste of adventure to click us out of our daily humdrum.
If I was stateside and could do Moab, Rubicon, Black Bear Pass, Etc. Best believe I’d be there….. Probably would change the wheel setup tho:LOL:
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Well, I agree with that, kinda — but I never suggested that my jeep purchases were “needs”. They’re clearly “wants“.

Heck, my unmodified jeep would have taken care of any unmet vehicle needs and most wants, but that doesn‘t mean the jeep or the subsequent mods are a search for status or the admiration of others. I often do ghings just because I think they would be fun.
I wave at every Jeep and don’t care if they wave back.
as for needs. Well lets just say my Big tire Jeep was bought as a DD and I drive the hell out of it. I commute 70-100miles 5 days a week and enjoy every minute of it. Life is too short to drive a boring vehicle. People often say why not save mileage on the Jeep and buy a small commuter car. Why would I buy a Jeep to have it sit in a garage while I drive a boring little car, no thanks. I’ll squeeze every bit of life out of this Jeep as I have with past Jeeps. Enjoy every moment driving on and off road and hours in the shop modifying to take my mind off the crap that’s going down in this world. Lol that reminds me I need to go order some more parts… see ya later 👋

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I'm 58 & never had a Jeep (any model) bout to take delivery of a 21 sport. First snobbery I noticed was sharing with some of my friends, and none of them have ever had a Jeep either. "you should have gotten a Rubicon". I asked why & the response was "cause they are badass". I did my homework & got the right model for me & I'll likely never see anything more than snow & a gravel road with it.
compare a JL Sport to 90% of the vehicles on the market and for what you get off the showroom floor, that vehicle will out perform all of them, or keep up (comparatively to $110K Land Cruiser, etc.).

A minor investment in to some solid All Terrain tires, and you are good to go. My first wrangler was a Sport and It did everything and more.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Im on my 3rd Wrangler. This one by far is the most expensive vehicle I have ever bought. I haven't done a single thing to it and I LOVE IT!

On my other Wranglers, I've had 37's, long arm lift kits, on both of the other vehicles and I'm simply just enjoying driving a nice vehicle without freaking out over every little squeak and groan (that isnt "normal").

Now, it's funny, I don't get the wave from the majority of lifted wrangler owners (even though I was one of the first guys in town with a lifted JK years ago). But I do get love from a lot of stock drivers. As someone who has always tried to be an ambassador for the sport and the vehicle, it actually makes me happy to know that the Jeep wave is a big part of the culture and possibly why people even buy one in the first place.

swedeviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2-door
I bought this guy back in August. It's a 2020 with 30K miles and I know absolutely nothing about Jeeps. People ask me about the mods, and I tell them I bought it like that and that's when I get the snub. Like if you didn't build it yourself then you're obviously not a real Jeep enthusiast. Maybe I like the looks and had a little bit of money and didn't want to hassle with the build. Maybe I want to learn about Jeeps (which is why I'm here) and maybe I don't want to go rock crawling but I do want to hit some decent off road trails. Who cares what Jeep you have, I'll wave at you anyway.

IMG_3122.jpg
I get a giggle when I see the look on the faces of other Jeepers whe I jump out of my 2007 2-door yK with 4" lift, 37'" tires steel bumper with winch, body armor with steel flat fenders and fancy inner fenders,KC lights and the top off. Yes I am a 78 year old woman still off roading like any day could be my last. I still love the challenge and feeling like I am 20 still when I get in my beloved Jeep. Its the real "Fountain of Youth"

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I get a giggle when I see the look on the faces of other Jeepers whe I jump out of my 2007 2-door yK with 4" lift, 37'" tires steel bumper with winch, body armor with steel flat fenders and fancy inner fenders,KC lights and the top off. Yes I am a 78 year old woman still off roading like any day could be my last. I still love the challenge and feeling like I am 20 still when I get in my beloved Jeep. Its the real "Fountain of Youth"
Awesome!

I still feel like I’m 20 too…. Unless I look in the mirror,

or hit the ground,

or pack out an elk,

or go for a jog.

Okay, I guess I’m just a mentally immature geriatric. :)

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Call it snobbery or whatever, but I have no intention of participating in another wave culture. I did that for 20+ years in Corvettes and it got tiring.

King Kermit

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport S
I registered just to say, I own the most stock 2023 Wrangler JL (4D) that I found in my area. It looks so plain that its beautiful. I dont care what letters your Jeep Model is, what words it has on the side of its hood, what tires, lift, suspension, what you do with it, what you think of me and my dog and what I do with mine, but both of us will wave at you so freaking hard that you will hear my fingers hitting each other. Have a great day yall!
Sponsored