First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
LOL! I've got a Gecko JLU Rubi on order, and yes it has the red dash.... I gotta say, I'm excited! And if I get sick of it then I'll do something to change the red dash.

For background, I own a watch company and design watches for a living. A big part of that is dealing with colors. Been doing this for many years, and I can say that no matter how many colors we offer there will ALWAYS be customers complaining that we didn't offer color X in combo with Color Y.....

As far as your post goes, I think it makes for entertaining reading! You be you, and voice your opinion! Life's too short to get our feathers ruffled over something like this. Just find the humor in it, which I think is the spirit in which you intended it anyway!

Now, congrats on that 392!!!
Aww thank you! Enjoy the gecko! #1 color ever made on a jeep!!! Im sooo jelly of you! 💚
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Just an observation chickadee, have you considered becoming a lobbyist? You seem to have worked this room pretty good.
Oh trust me this is nothing. I excel at winning every topic. I made "an italian man from jersey" cry in under 2 minutes. I wish I was a politician's wife (im traditional, family first). Id seriously kick ass. Thank you for such an amazing compliment!

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
This post. And the entire dynamics of the thread changed. I wonder why?. lol. ;)
I dunno? I'll bite,...why?

Until you fill me in, I'll just add this to the long list of things I don't get -- like man-buns, fake dive-watches the size of toaster ovens, and huge wheels with stretched low-profile tires that ride like 1860s wagon wheels.

My don't-get-it-list is lengthening quickly as I grow older. I'm pretty sure my brain is turning to oatmeal with age, so that's undoubtedly part of my problem, but there's got to be more to it than that.... I love Jeeps, and I love massive horsepower and torque, but with the exception of the folks trying to spin the big paddle tires on their jeeps, I don't get the value/appeal of a 392 in a jeep. It sounds great, of course, but, to me, it's like putting a small block in a riding lawnmower. (I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'm inviting this group to educate me via PM. I'm a slow-learner, so please be patient.) 🤔

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392

Until you fill me in, I'll just add this to the long list of things I don't get -- like man-buns, fake dive-watches the size of toaster ovens, and huge wheels with stretched low-profile tires that ride like 1860s wagon wheels.

My don't-get-it-list is lengthening quickly as I grow older. I'm pretty sure my brain is turning to oatmeal with age, so that's undoubtedly part of my problem, but there's got to be more to it than that.... I love Jeeps, and I love massive horsepower and torque, but with the exception of the folks trying to spin the big paddle tires on their jeeps, I don't get the value/appeal of a 392 in a jeep. It sounds great, of course, but, to me, it's like putting a small block in a riding lawnmower. (I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'm inviting this group to educate me via PM. I'm a slow-learner, so please be patient.) 🤔
not my thread so hijack away... I have a 392 on order, but haven't driven one yet. But every video I see of someone driving (really launching) one, they just giggle like a schoolgirl, and comment about how it shouldn't be legal. I want a jeep but don't want to sacrifice the joy I find in racing to and from work every day, so it had to be the 392. I'll do the offroad things that don't really need 470 HP but most of the miles will be Mon-Fri commuting on the 101 between Mesa and Scottsdale. I'll be the one weaving in and out of traffic with the huge smile on my face.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
not my thread so hijack away... I have a 392 on order, but haven't driven one yet. But every video I see of someone driving (really launching) one, they just giggle like a schoolgirl, and comment about how it shouldn't be legal. I want a jeep but don't want to sacrifice the joy I find in racing to and from work every day, so it had to be the 392. I'll do the offroad things that don't really need 470 HP but most of the miles will be Mon-Fri commuting on the 101 between Mesa and Scottsdale. I'll be the one weaving in and out of traffic with the huge smile on my face.
I DO understand the joy of acceleration. And I love the Hemi. I drive an AWD Hemi Charger at work. I just got my third (and last) one of those. Amazing motor.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

There is more to the picture than the 392.
I am pretty glad I dont live between Mesa and Scottsdale.

Andrews jl

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU, 15 Willy’s, Tesla x., Tesla 3, BMW x2
Occupation
It’s Miller time!
Oh trust me this is nothing. I excel at winning every topic. I made "an italian man from jersey" cry in under 2 minutes. I wish I was a politician's wife (im traditional, family first). Id seriously kick ass. Thank you for such an amazing compliment!
Jersey guys don’t cry!!

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
It's a sad day as Jeep owners used to be kindred spirits. We'd help each other when needed. We'd enjoy meeting on a trail and having a cook out and some beers at the end of a long hard day on the trails swapping "fishing stories". We'd talk about the good and bad of our different Jeeps. No matter rich or poor, male or female, our Jeeps are what brought us together. It was a good time.

But many of the new generation of Jeep folks are assholes. They are envious of those with nicer/better/newer Jeeps. They don't stop to help those in trouble on the trail. They push past slower groups as their time is more precious. They don't practice tread-lightly. They can't be honest that our Jeeps are a love/hate - they do some stuff great and some stuff is a WTF was Jeep thinking?

The responses to your post is proof of this. It's also a sad reflection on what the community has become. Also a sad reflection on what society has become. It's all about hate, cancelling those with opposing views, and being Kyle's and Karens.

Thanks for your post - it was pretty much bang on. And it showed me about 15 users on here I can happily ignore as they will never have anything worthwhile reading.

Enjoy the 392. Hopefully it keeps you happy for awhile ;)
Agreed 100%. 2x in Facebook groups.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Mmmm nah… but you have a little skill, evidently. 🤭😁🤭

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
This post. And the entire dynamics of the thread changed. I wonder why?. lol. ;)
Nah the dynamic changed when I held people accountable for their comments with grace, sarcasm, and a smile.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Drive it. Its jeep fun on steroids.
You said "value" in respect to a jeep.
THAT'S WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR WHOLE THOUGHT PROCESS!!!!
But i see your point. Its not logical or reasonable to have a hemi in a jeep.
But damn if I dont want a 707 in there now.... bc i need more...

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
You. Get. It. ❤
Sponsored