Sponsored

Is Anyone having Starting/ Battery Issues???

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I have a 2020 JL Rubicon Recon with the 2.0 Turbo. At 1200 miles, The battery was dead, or so I thought. I could easily jump start it but it would need a jump every time. I called the dealership and they couldn't get it in for weeks. I decided to just upgrade and bought an Optima Yellow top and be done with it. I had to jump start that too. I charged the new battery overnight which seemed to fix the issue for a couple weeks, But Now would need to jump start it again. Once it started up, the Voltage read 14.5 volts and everything worked fine. Thought it is now the starter and my JL is now at the dealership. The service writer called and said The starter & Alternator are fine and wanted me to pick it up. I asked if it was starting fine? He said NO, they have to jump it still. I asked him why would I pick it up when its Not Fixed. I told them to find the problem, Fix it and then I would love to pick it up. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.
"I asked if it was starting fine? He said NO" this made me laugh and cry at the same time... its like we're living in bizzaro world.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Just had my main battery replaced. 2018 JLUR with about 25k on the clock. ESS hadn't been working since summer and the message center in the dash said "battery protection mode". I noticed that the volts always read high (due to constantly charging) when driving. It always started fine right until it got cold. Then the morning before taking it in (already had it scheduled) it almost didn't start. Good as new now.
Same here...2018 jlu and after 1.5 years, it started having crazy electrical glitches...with lights flashing everywhere and jeep wouldn't start. Charged it overnight twice and it died a few days later. Drove 30min to dealer and waited 4 hours for a diagnostic and they charged it after I told them I already tried charging it twice. It died 3 days later, took it back and they replaced the main battery. It died a week later and I read alot about the aux batteries causing these issues and got assertive and requested they also put in a new aux battery. A 3rd trip to the dealer and 3 hours later, I drove home with a new aux battery. 10 months later and I've had no battery issues. I still hate the 2 battery setup. :lipssealed:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Usually factory batteries are crap. They use the cheapest batteries possible because they are expensive and they will eventually need to be replaced anyways.
I usually give my factory battery about a year or two at most until I change it for a top of the line battery. I don’t think I’ve ever had a factory battery last more than two or three years. Aftermarket battery? they usually last several years.

OP
OP
Stevea709

Stevea709

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
@Stevea709

what was the resolution here?
They ended up replacing the Radio Control Module. It was showing an excessive draw and they replaced the battery. So far so good after another 1,500 miles, Everything works. It took 31 days in the shop to get fixed. Not satisfied with Lythia Jeep in Bend Oregon, Nothing but Lip Service. Jeep Corporate started off strong and ended weak, Disappointing to say the least.
Sponsored