Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
I have a question, how easy is it to remove the headliners if want to install a roof rack after install? Or should I install the roof rack prior to installing the head liners?
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question, how easy is it to remove the headliners if want to install a roof rack after install? Or should I install the roof rack prior to installing the head liners?
What kind of a roof rack is it? Most roof racks attach to the top of the top, it has nothing to do with the inside of the top, where the Hothead Headliners go.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
What kind of a roof rack is it? Most roof racks attach to the top of the top, it has nothing to do with the inside of the top, where the Hothead Headliners go.
I was looking at the Maximus-3 JL Roof Rack System, SHORT Roof Rack and it rear bracket mount on the edge of the rear panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL EF2AF821-5906-4318-AD5F-1152B3D3744E

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I would do the rack first and then cut the notch in the headliners. Just did mine a few days ago and trying to pull them off would have been a nightmare.

They cut real easy with an oscillating tool. Just don't cut all the way through the black fabric. After they are cut, trim them off leaving some overhang on the black fabric. Then use a little adhesive spray and wrap that overhanging black fabric around the exposed edge and you'll end up with a decent finished look.

I'll update with some pics in a bit

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the Maximus-3 JL Roof Rack System, SHORT Roof Rack and it rear bracket mount on the edge of the rear panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL 1600622113017
Ahh, I see. I don't have experience with cutting the Hotheads but I'm sure its not hard. I would not take them out, just cut where you need to cut. Good luck.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi,
I would definitely install the roof rack first. The headliners come out fairly easy if your hard top is very hot, but you would have to replace the 3M tape as in will never stick permanently again.
If you have specific questions please send them to: [email protected]
regards,
Hothead Headliners

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute to introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members even though I see there has already been a decent amount of talk about us on this forum. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer support. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture.

Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners

If you have any questions please email or give us a call:
[email protected]
714-872-2071

best regards,
Mark

Facebook.jpg
IMG_20180216_175740.jpg

Full Top.jpg

Fronts.jpg
Mark, last year on Black Friday you were EXTREMELY helpful over the phone helping me order the beige headliners and the complete Sound Assassin package for my JLU. I was the one who paid with about 5-6 Visa gift cards and you were most patient in processing each individual gift card and completing my order! Attached is how it all looks after I had the hard top professionally painted black and the headliners installed.
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute to introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members even though I see there has already been a decent amount of talk about us on this forum. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer support. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture.

Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners

If you have any questions please email or give us a call:
[email protected]
714-872-2071

best regards,
Mark

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL Facebook
Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL IMG_20180216_175740

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL Full To

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL Fronts
Mark, last year on Black Friday you were EXTREMELY helpful over the phone helping me order the beige headliners with the full Sound Assassin package for my JLU! I was the one who paid with about 5-6 Visa prepaid cards and you were most patient in processing the each individual prepaid card and completing my order!! Attached is how it all looks after I had the hard top professionally painted black and and the headliners installed. It really made a huge difference on the interior of my JLU and made the interior look finished instead of the ugly unfinished white on the inside of the hard top! Every day I get in my Jeep I look at it and just smile and get a thrill over how great it looks!!! Thank you! Creig

20210717_132405.jpg

20210717_132428.jpg

SMC16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mark, last year on Black Friday you were EXTREMELY helpful over the phone helping me order the beige headliners and the complete Sound Assassin package for my JLU. I was the one who paid with about 5-6 Visa gift cards and you were most patient in processing each individual gift card and completing my order! Attached is how it all looks after I had the hard top professionally painted black and the headliners installed.

Mark, last year on Black Friday you were EXTREMELY helpful over the phone helping me order the beige headliners with the full Sound Assassin package for my JLU! I was the one who paid with about 5-6 Visa prepaid cards and you were most patient in processing the each individual prepaid card and completing my order!! Attached is how it all looks after I had the hard top professionally painted black and and the headliners installed. It really made a huge difference on the interior of my JLU and made the interior look finished instead of the ugly unfinished white on the inside of the hard top! Every day I get in my Jeep I look at it and just smile and get a thrill over how great it looks!!! Thank you! Creig

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL 20210717_132428

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL 20210717_132428
Hey Creig, I wanted to confirm that you have the Heritage Tan leather, and you went with beige headliners. Are you happy with that choice? I am deciding between the beige and black. I have a 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic with Heritage Tan. Regards, Sean

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Hey Creig, I wanted to confirm that you have the Heritage Tan leather, and you went with beige headliners. Are you happy with that choice? I am deciding between the beige and black. I have a 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic with Heritage Tan. Regards, Sean
Sean, my leather seats are not the heritage tan leather. Katzkin advised me to go with the lighter beige color that they said more closely matched the beige cloth interior that my Sport S came with. Mark talked with me and I went by his advice on getting the light beige headliners, he was afraid that the med dark oak would be too dark for my beige leather and he was so right! From what I understand, the heritage tan leather offered by Jeep is a deeper tone leather than the beige cloth interior and the only choice for a leather interior on my Sport S was black leather which I did not want. Heritage Tan was not offered on the Sport S. My leather interior is aftermarket from Katzkin Leather

Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

What is the thickness of the Sound Assassin sheets?

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

What is the thickness of the Sound Assassin sheets?
Close to 80 mils or 2mm, from what I can tell. I have a strip left over.

Shantz

First Name
Shantz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Producer
Alright, So.

Just want to throw my 2 cents in. Not one to write a review, unless service/product is incredibly terrible or extremely fantastic. Like most people, if you have an experience that is not all that noteworthy, you move on with your day.

Hothead Headliners are the real deal! This is my second time purchasing from HH, and I have to say the product is bar none, hands down, QUALITY! 1st installed on my JK years ago, 2nd on my JL today, both times were outstanding. I'm sure when I get the next generation Jeep, I'll order a 3rd.

My headliner arrived yesterday, and the way it was packaged was perfect. You can tell that there was a certain level of detail that went into putting it in the box. Seems like a silly point, but some shipment I receive from other companies, you can tell it was 4:57pm on a Friday, just thrown in and shipped out. Also included; a roller, a piece of sandpaper, the little things.

I installed the headliner today, and the craftsmanship was again topnotch, meticulous. Labels on each panel telling you what's what, tremendous. Easy install, looks great!

Love it, and thank you for a phenomenal product!
Shantz
Sponsored