Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Audi Q5 (9/12/20) Ordered JLURD Same Day!
I have a question, how easy is it to remove the headliners if want to install a roof rack after install? Or should I install the roof rack prior to installing the head liners?

Advertisement

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question, how easy is it to remove the headliners if want to install a roof rack after install? Or should I install the roof rack prior to installing the head liners?
What kind of a roof rack is it? Most roof racks attach to the top of the top, it has nothing to do with the inside of the top, where the Hothead Headliners go.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Audi Q5 (9/12/20) Ordered JLURD Same Day!
What kind of a roof rack is it? Most roof racks attach to the top of the top, it has nothing to do with the inside of the top, where the Hothead Headliners go.
I was looking at the Maximus-3 JL Roof Rack System, SHORT Roof Rack and it rear bracket mount on the edge of the rear panel.
EF2AF821-5906-4318-AD5F-1152B3D3744E.jpeg

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I would do the rack first and then cut the notch in the headliners. Just did mine a few days ago and trying to pull them off would have been a nightmare.

They cut real easy with an oscillating tool. Just don't cut all the way through the black fabric. After they are cut, trim them off leaving some overhang on the black fabric. Then use a little adhesive spray and wrap that overhanging black fabric around the exposed edge and you'll end up with a decent finished look.

I'll update with some pics in a bit

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the Maximus-3 JL Roof Rack System, SHORT Roof Rack and it rear bracket mount on the edge of the rear panel.
EF2AF821-5906-4318-AD5F-1152B3D3744E.jpeg
Ahh, I see. I don't have experience with cutting the Hotheads but I'm sure its not hard. I would not take them out, just cut where you need to cut. Good luck.

OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi,
I would definitely install the roof rack first. The headliners come out fairly easy if your hard top is very hot, but you would have to replace the 3M tape as in will never stick permanently again.
If you have specific questions please send them to: [email protected]
regards,
Hothead Headliners

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement