Interior Rear Chase Light Bar

O11111O

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 GC, 2015 JKU, 2004 LJ
I have been looking all over for information regarding this mod and have found nothing. If this already exists, please redirect me to that thread.

I have a 2021 JLUR with Sky One Touch. I would like to add chase lights but keep them inside the rear window. I'm thinking they can be attached behind the rollbar or to the rear window hinges like other solutions do. The difference is that those solutions mount on the hinges and then go over the roofline. I'd like something on the interior. That's stealthier, cleaner, and produces less noise inside the cabin.

The functions I'm looking for are: 1) off-road: chase lights, ideally amber blinking/flashing; 2) on-road, to be seen during harsh fog, rain or snow - amber static would be ideal; 3) for general illumination, especially useful when working on the trailer or while camping - white static would be ideal. I have the tow package and light switches. Again, this is for rear illumination.

I would like to know if anyone has seen, bought or designed a rear chase light bar like this.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I have been looking all over for information regarding this mod and have found nothing. If this already exists, please redirect me to that thread.

I have a 2021 JLUR with Sky One Touch. I would like to add chase lights but keep them inside the rear window. I'm thinking they can be attached behind the rollbar or to the rear window hinges like other solutions do. The difference is that those solutions mount on the hinges and then go over the roofline. I'd like something on the interior. That's stealthier, cleaner, and produces less noise inside the cabin.

The functions I'm looking for are: 1) off-road: chase lights, ideally amber blinking/flashing; 2) on-road, to be seen during harsh fog, rain or snow - amber static would be ideal; 3) for general illumination, especially useful when working on the trailer or while camping - white static would be ideal. I have the tow package and light switches. Again, this is for rear illumination.

I would like to know if anyone has seen, bought or designed a rear chase light bar like this.

Thank you!
While lights are plentiful the challenge would be finding a suitable bracket. Have you considered the MOPAR 3rd brake light relocation bracket that mounts in the center of the spare tire? You could use this bracket with the light of your choice, enabling you to maintain the clean/stock look yet avoid any back glow/reflection into the rear interior of your Jeep and run with whatever top you have.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

struggled to figure out how to run the wires all the way up to the Aux Switch connector by the battery.
Run through the tailgate into the vehicle, following the same path the existing wiring harness takes on the passenger side. Then run the wiring through the rear trim, down under the door sill trim, up into the passenger floorboard side trim and then up into the dash.

You can also go up the roll bar and down the passenger side window trim, once you get the wiring from the tailgate into the vehicle.

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Run through the tailgate into the vehicle, following the same path the existing wiring harness takes on the passenger side. Then run the wiring through the rear trim, down under the door sill trim, up into the passenger floorboard side trim and then up into the dash.

You can also go up the roll bar and down the passenger side window trim, once you get the wiring from the tailgate into the vehicle.
Beautiful. Thanks!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney

100%.

I like that bracket because it allowed me to run the wire through the tailgate vent thing and then I ran the wire just like @jludave said. The wire is completely hidden.

For me personally, I'm not wild about hinge mounted lights, but I did want something higher up than the bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior Rear Chase Light Bar 1616098917567
Sponsored