Sponsored

Interior led lighting please help

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@xtremegene02

Well, sight unseen... You will want to keep the controller so you can use it to change modes and colors... SO, yes, keep that. You would snip right at the cigarette lighter adapter. Once you snip, you should see 2 wires exposed... One is power and one is ground. Usually power is dark wire and light color wire is ground wire..

Again I have not seen this set so...

OP
OP
xtremegene02

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
@xtremegene02

Well, sight unseen... You will want to keep the controller so you can use it to change modes and colors... SO, yes, keep that. You would snip right at the cigarette lighter adapter. Once you snip, you should see 2 wires exposed... One is power and one is ground. Usually power is dark wire and light color wire is ground wire..

Again I have not seen this set so...
Okay hold on I will take a picture of the wire to show you what it looks like

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
a ground cant do what you are saying, your lighter plug is possibly stepping down voltage so when you cut it off and hook directly your giving to much voltage ?
post pic of adaptor maybe

Sponsored

OP
OP
xtremegene02

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They cut the wire and the one that has the button of course is the adapter where it goes into the lighter and the other end is what plugs into the box and whenever I connected The wire to the auxiliary switch which is a constant hot and the other wire to that place where there was a wire connected to it I think I grounded out the hot wire coming from the auxiliary switch and it burned the box the control box

IMG_20210413_204941920.jpg

OP
OP
xtremegene02

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I appreciate your help with this it means a lot to me thank you very much for taking your time

OP
OP
xtremegene02

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
a ground cant do what you are saying, your lighter plug is possibly stepping down voltage so when you cut it off and hook directly your giving to much voltage ?
post pic of adaptor maybe
That's a good possibility because led doesn't need that much amperage to light

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just a regular adapter with a button on top to be a switch
@xtremegene02

My concern / dilemma is, as the other guy that posted in this thread has mentioned.... that, that adapter may be more then just a cigarette light adapter but also a step down unit..

You may hook this up and have it fry your led lights... I don't want that responsibility....

Anyway, with those snipped wires... Red is hot and black is your ground..

OP
OP
xtremegene02

xtremegene02

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
@xtremegene02

My concern / dilemma is that as the other guy that posted in this thread has mentioned, that adapter may be more then just a cigarette light adapter but also a step down unit..

You may hook this up and have it fry your led lights... I don't want that responsibility....

Anyway, with those snipped wires... Red is hot and black is you ground..
Okay thank you for your help very appreciative and I understand about responsibility

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@xtremegene02

Not sure how much you are into this.... but you can buy a cheapo cigarette lighter at the auto parts store. Wire that to your Aux and ground.. NOW, plug in that light strip with it's adapter/step down.