Sponsored

Installing The Front Camera and Roku (Follow)

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I've been working with Tazer and it seems there may be an update coming out very soon that unlocks the other video input. I will update the thread once this happens and I have tested it. As for now, there is not a simple way to incorporate the iPhone video into the screen, outside of using the cargo cam input. Then you would still need to get some type of digital to analog conversion.

Give it time. There will be a solution.
Sounds good. Will do the camera for now and the Apple TV later once firmware available. Question for you, the JL instructions on Tazer website only mention pinning 24 and 25 for cargo camera without going into DVD or audio inputs. The generic A/V instructions include 8,9,10,21 and 22. Did you use the general instructions for pinning the DVD input?

Did you buy this harness and it included DVD input cables for the JL? Same part number as the non-JL harness? https://zautomotive.com/product/av-cables/

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I pinned the Av
Sounds good. Will do the camera for now and the Apple TV later once firmware available. Question for you, the JL instructions on Tazer website only mention pinning 24 and 25 for cargo camera without going into DVD or audio inputs. The generic A/V instructions include 8,9,10,21 and 22. Did you use the general instructions for pinning the DVD input?

Did you buy this harness and it included DVD input cables for the JL? Same part number as the non-JL harness? https://zautomotive.com/product/av-cables/

Thanks
Cables according to the instructions, but since they do not work yet. I would just do the cargo cam, and wait until Tazer has worked out the software.

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I pinned the Av

Cables according to the instructions, but since they do not work yet. I would just do the cargo cam, and wait until Tazer has worked out the software.
*AV instructions

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
No it was actually really easy. Just have to make sure it's the right slot and the pin is facing the right way.

IMG_20180908_191121294.jpg
All parts are ordered to do this, when you “pin” the wires, do you just push them into the adapter? Can you elaborate a little on how this part is done? Also, where you tied down/ran all the wires would be awesome!

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
All parts are ordered to do this, when you “pin” the wires, do you just push them into the adapter? Can you elaborate a little on how this part is done? Also, where you tied down/ran all the wires would be awesome!
I can help ya with the camera but the av is not working at the moment. The instructions are clear that come with the Tazer. I ran the camera wire through the door jam on the passenger side because I didn't want to drill any holes. Private message me when you get the stuff and I can walk you through it.

Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I can help ya with the camera but the av is not working at the moment. The instructions are clear that come with the Tazer. I ran the camera wire through the door jam on the passenger side because I didn't want to drill any holes. Private message me when you get the stuff and I can walk you through it.
Thanks! I’m just doing the camera so your help would be appreciated. I’ll PM you when it all comes in. Thanks again!

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Did they ever unlock the video input on the Tazer to allow ROKA installation for original poster?

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
No unfortunately. I've been hoping for an update for this but nothing so far.

Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
No it was actually really easy. Just have to make sure it's the right slot and the pin is facing the right way.

IMG_20180908_191121294.jpg
What is the 2nd input (circled) for?

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.23.45 AM.png

I ended up tapping into the cargo cam input to mirror my iPhone along with my two front cameras. I installed two DPDT switches: one to toggle between the two front cameras and the other to toggle between the cameras and my iPhone. Works like a charm.

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
What is the 2nd input (circled) for?

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.23.45 AM.png

I ended up tapping into the cargo cam input to mirror my iPhone along with my two front cameras. I installed two DPDT switches: one to toggle between the two front cameras and the other to toggle between the cameras and my iPhone. Works like a charm.
This was an additional av input that worked on other uconnect radios. Unfortunately zauto has not been able to get it to work. Although, Joe may have just figured out how to get the CD audio to work.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do you know if the sound input noted on the front camera installation instructions is activated when the cargo cam input is triggered?
Sponsored