Sponsored

Inspired Engineering EVO II Installed and Couldn't be happier!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
The day I bought my Jeep I had a near miss with a deer on the way home from the dealer. Good thing the JLR has great brakes! I've since had several other near misses.

So I put some beamtech bulbs in the halogen lamps. That was slightly better, but the low beams go off when you turn on the high beams. So while you have a fair amount of light down the road you cannot see much up close.

For the longest time I couldn't decide which LED Lamps to get to replace the stock halogen. I didn't want to tie up $800 on the back ordered Mopar LEDs. Then I came across a down the road (driver's point of view) picture of the Inspired Engineering Lights. Interestingly that was the only picture of aftermarket LED lights that I saw that showed actual down the road pictures of the light output. All the other pictures I saw were of the beam pattern against some dudes garage door, or of the front of the Jeep with the lights on.

So, when I saw how good the EVO II lights were, I decided to go with them. Here's some pictures on a dark country road where deer are abundant...

These are real shots of just the EVO II lights. No light bars on just the EVO II. Fogs off in all pictures.

Rubicon stock DRL only (surprising amount of light from these guys):
Jeep Wrangler JL Inspired Engineering EVO II Installed and Couldn't be happier! DRLOnly

Low beam:
Jeep Wrangler JL Inspired Engineering EVO II Installed and Couldn't be happier! LowBeam

High beam:
Jeep Wrangler JL Inspired Engineering EVO II Installed and Couldn't be happier! HighBeam

If you look around the forums and google, you can find pictures of these mounted on the jeep. The look okay from a distance, but there is a fair sized gap between outer circumference of the lights and the ID of the grill opening. Not wild about the gap, but given how effective these lights are, I can live with it. I'd rather have a gap than hit a deer.
Sponsored

Last edited: