Inspection Process

Des

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
My Jeep had a VIN and was built in 3 weeks. It has been in the Inspection Process for 3 plus weeks. I feel like I'm buying a lemon. Is it not passing inspection so they're keeping it or is it in line to get inspected. I would rather them tell me they are waiting for a part. I feel like somethings wrong with the jeep since it's being inspected for 3 weeks with no sign of delivery date. I seriously am thinking of walking away. I need a car.
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Order should take 7-9 weeks to get to shipping, then up to 2 weeks for shipping. It's not in inspection for 3 weeks, they just barely pay lip service to "tracking" your vehicle for you.

You can talk to jeep chat or customer care and attempt to get an escalation. I was told that I could get an escalation after 2 weeks in inspections. At 13 days, the agent said they couldn't escalate ("I don't have any option to escalate"). At 14 I got an escalation and the brand mentor contacted me the next business day. The very next business day after contact, it was in the next phase.

I get it. I was (and am) super frustrated because my build looks to be arriving 7/10, when I was originally told 6/4. I saw other vehicles ordered after mine that were built prior to mine, then while I was still waiting in D1 status, saw vehicles ordered after mine be built, inspected, shipped, delivered, bought and paid for before mine ever started framing. But the "I need a car" line is a bit silly, because the average build time is 6-9 weeks and you're just getting into week 7.

OP
OP

Des

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Order should take 7-9 weeks to get to shipping, then up to 2 weeks for shipping. It's not in inspection for 3 weeks, they just barely pay lip service to "tracking" your vehicle for you.

You can talk to jeep chat or customer care and attempt to get an escalation. I was told that I could get an escalation after 2 weeks in inspections. At 13 days, the agent said they couldn't escalate ("I don't have any option to escalate"). At 14 I got an escalation and the brand mentor contacted me the next business day. The very next business day after contact, it was in the next phase.

I get it. I was (and am) super frustrated because my build looks to be arriving 7/10, when I was originally told 6/4. I saw other vehicles ordered after mine that were built prior to mine, then while I was still waiting in D1 status, saw vehicles ordered after mine be built, inspected, shipped, delivered, bought and paid for before mine ever started framing. But the "I need a car" line is a bit silly, because the average build time is 6-9 weeks and you're just getting into week 7.
They told me I can escalate it in another week. The dealer told me 4-6weeks its my first jeep so I believed them. The new owner is suppose to get my current car in 10 days that would have been around 8 weeks from the order date which I thought would be enough but I have no ETA for the new jeep.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
My Jeep had a VIN and was built in 3 weeks. It has been in the Inspection Process for 3 plus weeks. I feel like I'm buying a lemon. Is it not passing inspection so they're keeping it or is it in line to get inspected. I would rather them tell me they are waiting for a part. I feel like somethings wrong with the jeep since it's being inspected for 3 weeks with no sign of delivery date. I seriously am thinking of walking away. I need a car.
How do you know it is in inspection? I have read about the codes, but do not know where to go to check. My status is I have a build sheet, and window sticker. That is all I know, and I do not know how to navigate to find anything like where it is in production or inspection, or shipping. Thanks

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
You're reading waaaay too much into this. Your Jeep is still in Inspection because there is a backlog of transport out of the facility.... or the inspector is out on 6-week paid maternity leave... or the Inspectrometer gixmo is burned out and they're waiting on chips... or the facility has been shut down because of an outbreak of Delta-Variant Kung Flu... or...

Jeep's job is to build Jeeps, not hold your hand. Just calm TF down and be patient.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
You're reading waaaay too much into this. Your Jeep is still in Inspection because there is a backlog of transport out of the facility.... or the inspector is out on 6-week paid maternity leave... or the Inspectrometer gixmo is burned out and they're waiting on chips... or the facility has been shut down because of an outbreak of Delta-Variant Kung Flu... or...

Jeep's job is to build Jeeps, not hold your hand. Just calm TF down and be patient.
Retrograde said exactly what I was thinking.

Reactions: Des
OP
OP

Des

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
How do you know it is in inspection? I have read about the codes, but do not know where to go to check. My status is I have a build sheet, and window sticker. That is all I know, and I do not know how to navigate to find anything like where it is in production or inspection, or shipping. Thanks
I went to the jeep website and did jeep chat with the vin number

OP
OP

Des

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Found out that my Jeep was completed and attempted end of the Line testing and there is an issue with my fuel pump controller.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Honestly, I'd be pumped to know my Jeep was in inspection for longer than 10 minutes. If they find 1 issue, they're more likely to take a closer look at other, related systems.

And if they replace one part, you know they're going to double-triple-check every part that part touches, just to make sure that none of those parts caused that part to fail.

I totally understand being frustrated by delays, and that's legitimate. However, take a deep breath. Now let it out slowly. If there was *anyone* on God's green earth that I would want inspecting my Jeep, it would 100%, without question, be the people who are responsible for building it in the first place. The same people that literally build *hundreds* of Jeeps every single day.

At least you will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that when you get your Jeep, it'll be perfect.

Reactions: Des

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Think of it this way, you got that out of the way before ownership. Things happen, best it happened then!

On my 2013 factory order, I had very specific instructions for the dealer to not touch it when it arrived. In the Jeep was a print out indicating one of the headlights was faulty after install and had to be swapped out on the line. I actually kept it with the window sticker, kinda a cool Easter egg.
Sponsored