www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

IMO if you already did all the paper work and had placed a down payment / hold money on it then I would be a bit upset myself. for them to be driving it home after signing papers and placing a down payment then if that vehicle was in a wreck then you would be to blame not the dealer or who ever was driving around in it. 500 miles is a lot or miles for "testing the Braking system" sounds like the sales manager or online manager was driving it to and from work. ive known that dealers do that with used cars but not when someone has placed a DP on it.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Ask for a letter extended B2B coverage to reflect the miles

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know. I picked up my Rubi with 16 miles on it and am in the process of breaking it in (1st 100 miles or so). I’m the only one who will be driving it during this period. I will ensure it’s broken in according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Call me anal, but how was the OP’s vehicle treated during the 500 miles????
I’d be ticked and would be talking to the GM or dealership owner.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
500 on 31K. I'd worry more about the 31K. If someone beat on it for 31K the damage was done already.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Again, did you see the additional mileage on the odometer or are you assuming the carfax is 100% correct?

I bought a truck last year that the carfax showed as a one owner and the seller immediately told me it was wrong and he bought it when it was 2 years old.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
IMHO there is not much you can really do. It is 500 miles which seems like a lot today, but in the grand scheme, it is nothing. Did you personally see and remember the odometer reading from when you first saw it? Did you see 500 additional miles on it when you last saw it? It may well be a simple mistake. Either way, it is no big deal. How many total miles are on it?
true but I would say that from a professional point of view this type of customer service wouldn't pass . I myslef would be pretty pissed off picking up a new rig with 500 unknown miles on it , this is not acceptable

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
true but I would say that from a professional point of view this type of customer service wouldn't pass . I myslef would be pretty pissed off picking up a new rig with 500 unknown miles on it , this is not acceptable
Well, it's not new. The OP says it has 31,000 miles on it....

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
I don’t know. I picked up my Rubi with 16 miles on it and am in the process of breaking it in (1st 100 miles or so). I’m the only one who will be driving it during this period. I will ensure it’s broken in according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Call me anal, but how was the OP’s vehicle treated during the 500 miles????
I’d be ticked and would be talking to the GM or dealership owner.
if it was new I would agree 100% but in this case I'd be more worried about the other 31000 miles ;)

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Why couldn't they let you drive the Jeep instead of giving you another car to drive?
Sponsored