Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So I had a pair of Rigid Ignites wired to aux 3 on the bottom of my rear bumper, and not too long ago I came down awkwardly off a rock on a trail and broke one of the lights off (I forgot to remove them... duh me). I tested it to see if it still worked, but it flickered & died like Wall-E. The other light wasn't damaged, but it would no longer work. I'm not convinced the lights are busted.

I switched them to aux 4, but that didn't work. Aux 3 and 4 are now getting zero power, so I replaced them with a brand-spanking-new pair, pulled the wiring from the frame, and re-wired them with a new ground. The buttons light up, but the lights get nothing. Multimeter reads 14.3 on each. So I press in every fuse and, since this seemed like a fuse problem, I checked the fuses, and there are 10-amp fuses in F103 & 108. These should be 15-amp, but I've noticed other owners have 10's as well. I'm prepared to test with a 15-amp fuse if it would only stop raining.

Aux 1 and 2 work just fine, and each is set to latching / ignition / recall last state. 3 and 4 are dead. They'd been working fine up until now, but could the 10-amp fuses be the culprit, even though they're still good? What the hell am I missing?

fuse_box_me.jpg
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
So I had a pair of Rigid Ignites wired to aux 3 on the bottom of my rear bumper, and not too long ago I came down awkwardly off a rock on a trail and broke one of the lights off (I forgot to remove them... duh me). I tested it to see if it still worked, but it flickered & died like Wall-E. The other light wasn't damaged, but it would no longer work. I'm not convinced the lights are busted.

I switched them to aux 4, but that didn't work. Aux 3 and 4 are now getting zero power, so I replaced them with a brand-spanking-new pair, pulled the wiring from the frame, and re-wired them with a new ground. The buttons light up, but the lights get nothing. Multimeter reads 14.3 on each. So I press in every fuse and, since this seemed like a fuse problem, I checked the fuses, and there are 10-amp fuses in F103 & 108. These should be 15-amp, but I've noticed other owners have 10's as well. I'm prepared to test with a 15-amp fuse if it would only stop raining.

Aux 1 and 2 work just fine, and each is set to latching / ignition / recall last state. 3 and 4 are dead. They'd been working fine up until now, but could the 10-amp fuses be the culprit, even though they're still good? What the hell am I missing?

fuse_box_me.jpg
Hey buddy , sorry Im late for a meeting ,otherwise I would help you out here.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

fuse_box_me.jpg
Im confused too. Haven’t the 10 amp fuses been in there the whole time? Or did you put them in place of the 15s ? If multimeter is reading 14 and the lights on the switches are on, then I’d say the problem is with the lights. Do you have something else you can wire to those switches to see if they work?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I would wire the lights directly to the battery just to check and see if they work first. You don’t want to waste a bunch of time messing around with them if they’re broken

Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Where exactly are you reading the 14.3V at?

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Im confused too. Haven’t the 10 amp fuses been in there the whole time? Or did you put them in place of the 15s ? If multimeter is reading 14 and the lights on the switches are on, then I’d say the problem is with the lights. Do you have something else you can wire to those switches to see if they work?
Yes... the 10-amp fuses for 3 & 4 were there all along, but my understanding is they should be 15, unless 15 is for the tow package (which I don't have). I've never touched the fuses until now.

3 & 4 coincidentally stopped working the day I slammed down on a rock. I bought brand-new lights and they won't power on. Tomorrow morning I can try a cube light. I've seen others post their fuse boxes, and they also have 10s.

This one isn't mine... it's from another owner (I can't remember his dang name... He's near me in Charlotte).

fuse_box.jpg

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I would wire the lights directly to the battery just to check and see if they work first. You don’t want to waste a bunch of time messing around with them if they’re broken
I used brand-new lights... same Rigids, fresh out the package since I thought I busted the first pair. I'll try the direct-to-battery tomorrow morning but it's odd that only 1 & 2 are working, when all 4 have been working since the install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I mean where are you probing? I assume where the lights are connected to the factory harness?
Yes, you're correct...I probed where the lights are connected to the harness.

*It's better to probe than to be probed.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... the 10-amp fuses for 3 & 4 were there all along, but my understanding is they should be 15, unless 15 is for the tow package (which I don't have). I've never touched the fuses until now.

3 & 4 coincidentally stopped working the day I slammed down on a rock. I bought brand-new lights and they won't power on. Tomorrow morning I can try a cube light. I've seen others post their fuse boxes, and they also have 10s.

This one isn't mine... it's from another owner (I can't remember his dang name... He's near me in Charlotte).

fuse_box.jpg
Where was the light located that a rock would damage it? Have you checked the wire back to where it’s spliced by the battery to make sure it’s not grounding out against the frame?

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with trying your lights on another source: 1, 2 or battery. DId you say that you re-ran the entire wire run? I might take a guess at the "rock hitting" may have damaged some portion of the wire? Not sure if you replaced the entire thing or not. I cant see a fuse or relay break because of a "slam".

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Where was the light located that a rock would damage it? Have you checked the wire back to where it’s spliced by the battery to make sure it’s not grounding out against the frame?
It was on the bottom of the bumper here when I did this. But I pulled everything & rewired from scratch... fished a new wire thru the frame, etc... I thought for sure it was just the light that was busted. Out of curiosity, are your 3 & 4 aux fuses 10- or 15-amp?

uwharrie_05-jpg.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It was on the bottom of the bumper here when I did this. But I pulled everything & rewired from scratch... fished a new wire thru the frame, etc... I thought for sure it was just the light that was busted. Out of curiosity, are your 3 & 4 aux fuses 10- or 15-amp?

uwharrie_05-jpg.jpg

Mine are 15, I have my lockers wired to them, 3 is front and 4 is the rear.
Sponsored