I'm a little disappointed in the reveal event

XFinn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Lexus NX 200t
This whole "not-so-revealing" reveal was pretty much a major letdown wrapped in a fustercluck for me. Maybe a few months of slow but titillating leaks was like seeing all your Christmas presents early, only to wake up Christmas morning to find only socks and underwear under the tree. Why on earth anyone placed an order with so much confusion and so much of a lack of details is beyond me. The whole point of a special order is to get exactly what you want, the way you want it. The fact that FCA didn't provide a well organized, detailed, no holes barred, mystery free reveal with an accurate, transparent, price and specifics detailed configurator on the website is pretty amateurish if not a disgrace. That being said, after I shop Range Rovers this weekend on a whim, take a few cleansing breaths, and return to my inner jeep happy place, I'll patiently await the spring to have all the info I need, including comparing the "new" Pentastar with the Hurricane and vetting the color palate in person before I place my inevitable JLU(R/Sahara) order. Damn you FCA and your bittersweet Kool-Aid! :angry::cwl::computerrage:
Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I'm surprised the ghost of General Patton wasn't present, this should have been the most over the top display of America in history, came up a little short!
Ha! Like a Tupac hologram! :rock:

virtual_2pac1.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You guys don't understand where Jeep is going with this. I'm not saying you are wrong, but they are aiming squarely at the international market...which happens to be good for the US. However, much more projected and potential sales growth is overseas. Look at this forum. In its infancy, we have people from the Middle East, UK, China, South Africa, Australia, and more. Jeep is an internationally growing brand. I believe I just read that the Wrangler is the #1 US vehicle sold in Japan. (Still very small numbers, but that is important.) FCA set a growth goal in the millions for Jeep around the globe.

That said, I agree they could have done much more with its debut. I thought it was weak. But I ordered mine before the dog and pony show, so I don't care except that their vision for growth ensured plenty of money and engineering effort in its development. More than ever in a Wrangler, by far. That will benefit me directly in about a month or so, when my ass cheeks caress the premium cloth seats of my new Rubicon.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Christmas morning with only socks and underwear? No, you still get the great toy, just no wrapping paper, tree, or lights.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
That will benefit me directly in about a month or so, when my ass cheeks caress the premium cloth seats of my new Rubicon.
Do you not wear pants when drivIng your wrangler? You must be one of those getting the half doors. :turkey::giggle:

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Are people here not aware of who the guy with the accent actually was? Mike Manley, head of Jeep. CEO. lol
Obviously not. They were expecting a dude who speaks Murica English.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have this clip in my head that I can't find on youtube that I think was the JK debut. There was a big pile of dirt and they turned a firehose on it and blasted all the dirt away and there was a jeep underneath. Did I make that up? Was that the JK reveal? That was pretty badass and the kind of thing I was expecting.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would wa
I have this clip in my head that I can't find on youtube that I think was the JK debut. There was a big pile of dirt and they turned a firehose on it and blasted all the dirt away and there was a jeep underneath. Did I make that up? Was that the JK reveal? That was pretty badass and the kind of thing I was expecting.
Yeah, I saw that too.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
yeah that. Should have had more of that. This was like a few Jeeps mall crawling but like in the mall.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you not wear pants when drivIng your wrangler? You must be one of those getting the half doors. :turkey::giggle:
Half doors? Why doors at all? Gives a whole new meaning to "open air experience!"

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of an old poem/joke my dad used to tell;

There once was a man from Boston
Who bought a little Austin
There was room for his a$$
And a gallon of gas
But his ball$ hung out and he lost 'em

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Manly is a good dude, but they could have done better. On the other hand, Jeep is more about function than form, so who cares, as long as they get the machine right. Looks to me like they did.
I agree for the most part, but you have to admit that it seems like a missed opportunity, even just from the free press/PR perpective it seems like a bit of a let-down.

Christmas morning with only socks and underwear? No, you still get the great toy, just no wrapping paper, tree, or lights.
True, but to me the greatest ‘travesty’ if I were to be so dramatic (more so than the reveal itself) would be that they expended far more effort covering up the JL in the weeks & months leading up to Nov 29th than they did actually revealing it to the world.

To me this would be like your parents extolling the wonders of the Xmas Season and Gifts, etc since before Easter or Groundhog Day with a whole Frank Capra-esque build-up, and then when the time comes you go downstairs and... as you say there is no tree, no stockings, no wrapping paper, just a bike in a box that still needs to be assembled by you (equivalent of waiting until Jan to actually receive the JLU you order weeks ago with no MSRP).

I mean no offense by what I’m about to say (as an agnostic I have no skin in the game), but in that scenario, I truly get the feeling of what my Jewish friends said in school about the vibe for Hanukkah vs Xmas.

Sure you both get the presents in the end, but where’s the fun, and the flare, and the childish wonderment of what should be a special occasion, like the previous Wrangler reveals?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of an old poem/joke my dad used to tell;

There once was a man from Boston
Who bought a little Austin
There was room for his a$$
And a gallon of gas
But his ball$ hung out and he lost 'em
Lol!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I was surprised too, especially given the big dramatic event the Dodge Demon display was. As cool as the Challenger is, FCA isn't going to make anywhere near as much money with those as they will the JL.
Sponsored