Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... this is my last idea. You should have aux wires also in passenger floor, maybe hook lights there to see if they’ll burn.

Edit: never mind, I did not know you added aux switches, this changes everything...:facepalm:
I got a lot to look for & check tomorrow... I'll certainly update afterwards. Two things I hate messing with are water & electricity. And the rain today kept me from working on what I hate working with.

I appreciate the help & support.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I used brand-new lights... same Rigids, fresh out the package since I thought I busted the first pair. I'll try the direct-to-battery tomorrow morning but it's odd that only 1 & 2 are working, when all 4 have been working since the install.
Sorry. Misunderstood

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
LED lights require a stronger ground, than regular incandescent lights. If you're getting power at the end of your harness at the rear bumper and the new lights check out, make sure your ground is 100%. No dirt, corrosion, paint or powder coat, etc. Bare metal is best and I always use segmented washers under the ground wire eyelets.

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
LED lights require a stronger ground, than regular incandescent lights. If you're getting power at the end of your harness at the rear bumper and the new lights check out, make sure your ground is 100%. No dirt, corrosion, paint or powder coat, etc. Bare metal is best and I always use segmented washers under the ground wire eyelets.

And this, my friend... turned out to be the problem. After swapping and testing the relays (thank you for pointing that out, @vavaroutsos) and seeing they were still good, I said to myself, Hey Self... how abouts as a last resort, move the ground.

It's been grounded solidly to the bumper (which is powder-coated) with an eyelet all along and working up until now. So I moved to the grounding point by the battery, and... let there be light. Much success. It seems silly to run a ground wire all the way to the battery, but I found a nice little spot on the frame.

So I have an extra pair of lights is the worst to come out of this. My thanks to all of yous for the help and putting up with my shenanigans for such an easy resolution. Wiring for dummies.

Jeep Wrangler JL I'm a little con"fuse"d... {filename}

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
And this, my friend... turned out to be the problem. After swapping and testing the relays (thank you for pointing that out, @vavaroutsos) and seeing they were still good, I said to myself, Hey Self... how abouts as a last resort, move the ground.

It's been grounded solidly to the bumper (which is powder-coated) with an eyelet all along and working up until now. So I moved to the grounding point by the battery, and... success. It seems silly to run a ground wire all the way to the battery, but I found a nice little spot on the frame.

So I have an extra pair of lights is the worst to come out of this. My thanks to all of yous for the help and putting up with my shenanigans for such an easy resolution. Wiring for dummies.

Jeep Wrangler JL I'm a little con"fuse"d... {filename}
Glad to hear that your frustration has passed!
Sponsored