Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed some diff protection tonight and ready for the weekend šŸ˜Ž
Iā€™d like to take Burns canyon from Pioneertown east towards Big Bear and hit some trails this weekend. Probably start early to avoid afternoon traffic. Whoā€™s interested?
My parts not due in till wednesday, if i can get it done on saturday im down to go that sunday somewhere, ill need a shakedown. Either way ill probably be going somewhere that sunday šŸ˜† the 12th that is

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
My ā€˜05 TJ Rubicon on a local trail at my place in Colorado. Iā€™m obsessed with wheelinā€™

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
So I installed some diff protection tonight and ready for the weekend šŸ˜Ž
Iā€™d like to take Burns canyon from Pioneertown east towards Big Bear and hit some trails this weekend. Probably start early to avoid afternoon traffic. Whoā€™s interested?
Looks like I have this Sat free. If you would like company let me know. I have run Pioneer to Big Bear many times.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good meeting you today. It was a relaxing day on the trails and we made short work of both Tip Top Mountain and Horse Thief Canyon. It was nice that we did not have any opposing traffic.

Sorry everyone else reading this I did not take any photos.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dangit. I didnā€™t get back on the forum until now. I went wheelin on my own today in Idyllwild. I definitely would have tagged along. Next time Iā€™ll pay attention.
Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies IMG_8339
Yep you missed a good day. We covered a lot of ground in a relatively short time (no trail congestion). But at least you got out and had fun too.

thereisonly1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Could you tell me what trail this was please?

It was great to get out today, I took just a few mediocre photos and a downright poor video šŸ¤£
Letā€™s definitely hit more trails this winter!

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you tell me what trail this was please?
That photo was taken at the top of ā€œTip Top Mountainā€. It is rated as ā€œmoderateā€ by the forest service but for a Jeep without plastic running boards and with a good set of off road tires it is relatively easy.

The second trail we ran was ā€œHorse Thief Canyonā€ is rated as ā€œdifficultā€ by the forest service. It can be run in a stock Rubicon with the occasional bump and scrape to the belly. A stock Willys/Sport/Sahara will find it more challenging = no sway bar disconnect. It is not recommended to run with plastic running boards or street bias tires. Rock rails would also be highly recommended.

On both trails our Jeepā€™s had no issues, but then one was a new Rubicon XR on 35ā€ tires and the other a modified Rubicon with a very mild 2ā€ lift and 35ā€ tires. Both of us also have a fair bit of experience off roading that helps out and makes the trails seem easier then the posted ratings.

thereisonly1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Thanks guys.

That photo was taken at the top of ā€œTip Top Mountainā€. It is rated as ā€œmoderateā€ by the forest service but for a Jeep without plastic running boards and with a good set of off road tires it is relatively easy.

The second trail we ran was ā€œHorse Thief Canyonā€ is rated as ā€œdifficultā€ by the forest service. It can be run in a stock Rubicon with the occasional bump and scrape to the belly. A stock Willys/Sport/Sahara will find it more challenging = no sway bar disconnect. It is not recommended to run with plastic running boards or street bias tires. Rock rails would also be highly recommended.

On both trails our Jeepā€™s had no issues, but then one was a new Rubicon XR on 35ā€ tires and the other a modified Rubicon with a very mild 2ā€ lift and 35ā€ tires. Both of us also have a fair bit of experience off roading that helps out and makes the trails seem easier then the posted ratings.