I need wheeling buddies

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
I spend most of the year in Colorado but my wife and I bought a place in Coachella valley for winters and I’ve been wheeling solo a lot. I even took the wife out with me last weekend and ran Pinkham canyon into Joshua tree but she gets nauseous after a couple hours and doesn’t enjoy it. I can wheel all day (or multiple days). In Colorado I have a group of buddies to wheel with but new to SoCal and only a couple buddies who don’t wheel as much as I do 🤣
I currently have a new JLUR XR that is totally stock (other then 35/12.5/17’s instead of 315’s). I also have a 2018 Powerwagon lifted and on 37’s and a built ‘05 Rubicon TJ both in Colorado. I have done week long Canyonlands NP adventures with my Colorado wheelin buddies over the last two summers. Also ran Moab a few times on some of the hardest trails & lots of Colorado trails and some SoCal trails last winter.
I see a lot of other Jeepers and other off-roaders but am usually solo so hoping to find some folks in Riverside/San Bernardino county to run trails and plan some multi day trips at some point (Death Valley, Arizona trails, St George area).
I usually wheel one weekend day per week, if possible. I can get out during the week also, sometimes being semi-retired 😎
Since getting back here mid October I’ve ran most of the Joshua tree Jeep trails (Berdoo, Black Eagle mine, Grubstake mine, Pinkham canyon) and spent a day exploring Truckhaven with a sidewall puncture and tire change fun involved!
Anyways, I’m experienced and have recovery gear but no winch yet (I have a hand winch for solo just in case). I plan on getting a bumper and winch over the winter at some point, just haven’t figured out which bumper yet!
Hit me up if you wanna wheel and you live out this way in the desert!

Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies 8C777AD8-DFE6-470D-B5F6-411C07518A98

Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies 61CF8B4B-F274-4D59-AFB5-F8BC47C20E57

Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies 550E182A-5969-44FB-97A0-399410D2F1EA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I am in the Palm Springs area and have been off roading in Ca. for 35+ years. Believe me you are in for a treat once you find the Pioneer Town to Big Bear back country route.

Big Bear is world class off roading and your closer then you think going up via Pioneer Town.

If you need a fellow Jeeper to go out with let me know. Just need a few days notice usually.

My JLUR with 2” lift and 35” tires.
Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies 0ED895D1-2A38-4088-8AB4-213C1357EC6E
Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies 4FDD5715-5114-4498-A2D3-227E0961C9B5

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Nice, I have run a couple trails up there in my Powerwagon early this year (March, April). Burns canyon, heartbreak ridge, smarts ranch….. but haven’t taken the Jeep there yet!!!! I’m up for exploring some more of Big Bear trails! When are we going? 🤣🤣🤣

FEAA7A39-CB5D-4AD3-A7D4-F67424A35CF7.jpeg

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
You just dipped your toe in. You still have to run Tip Top Mountain, Horse Thief Canyon, Gold Mountain (both directions), Little John Bull, John Bull, The Squeeze and a few smaller ones. All “moderate to difficult” rated during the summer and switching to all “difficult” in wet/snow or at night and all within a short drive of each other.

Best to run the above trails with your Jeep.

I would say let’s head up this weekend but with Thanksgiving crowds up in BB I would not want to be up there.

PM me and maybe we can set up a run soon that I am sure other reading this might want to jump in on.

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Heck yea! I just “started a conversation” with you (I think that’s the PM option on this forum). I’d be up for running something this weekend, Desert trails or mountain doesn’t matter to me! If I’m solo I’ll stick to an easy Desert trail or go run Sidewinder canyon off Burns canyon road since I haven’t done that one yet and it looks pretty short and easy 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I've got a 2021 Rubicon and only 2 hours out from your locale. Got a 4 day weekend and only 1 run planned on Saturday (theres a thread about that 1).
Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies jeep998

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Well I will definitely be getting out probably Saturday. Desert temps are perfect right now so probably do some desert trails
EC48ABD1-880F-4D72-BA1A-B49B74AF34F0.jpeg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

we have a small group going to Cleghorn OHV on saturday which is only an hour north of palm springs.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Im always down to go…whenever i manage to fix my jeep

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I'm down to go. Bought my JL in May and have been out 4-5 now. Still a newb but tired of going solo. Shoot me a PM when you want to go.

Sponsored

Echo5papa

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu Rubicon
I spend most of the year in Colorado but my wife and I bought a place in Coachella valley for winters and I’ve been wheeling solo a lot. I even took the wife out with me last weekend and ran Pinkham canyon into Joshua tree but she gets nauseous after a couple hours and doesn’t enjoy it. I can wheel all day (or multiple days). In Colorado I have a group of buddies to wheel with but new to SoCal and only a couple buddies who don’t wheel as much as I do 🤣
I currently have a new JLURD XR that is totally stock (other then 35/12.5/17’s instead of 315’s). I also have a 2018 Powerwagon lifted and on 37’s and a built ‘05 Rubicon TJ both in Colorado. I have done week long Canyonlands NP adventures with my Colorado wheelin buddies over the last two summers. Also ran Moab a few times on some of the hardest trails & lots of Colorado trails and some SoCal trails last winter.
I see a lot of other Jeepers and other off-roaders but am usually solo so hoping to find some folks in Riverside/San Bernardino county to run trails and plan some multi day trips at some point (Death Valley, Arizona trails, St George area).
I usually wheel one weekend day per week, if possible. I can get out during the week also, sometimes being semi-retired 😎
Since getting back here mid October I’ve ran most of the Joshua tree Jeep trails (Berdoo, Black Eagle mine, Grubstake mine, Pinkham canyon) and spent a day exploring Truckhaven with a sidewall puncture and tire change fun involved!
Anyways, I’m experienced and have recovery gear but no winch yet (I have a hand winch for solo just in case). I plan on getting a bumper and winch over the winter at some point, just haven’t figured out which bumper yet!
Hit me up if you wanna wheel and you live out this way in the desert!

Jeep Wrangler JL I need wheeling buddies EC48ABD1-880F-4D72-BA1A-B49B74AF34F0

Id like to join you on a group trip some time

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
So I installed some diff protection tonight and ready for the weekend 😎
I’d like to take Burns canyon from Pioneertown east towards Big Bear and hit some trails this weekend. Probably start early to avoid afternoon traffic. Who’s interested?