I must be getting old...

rmasonjr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sport Altitude
It seems that every other vehicle I pass at night has their bright lights on. If they're not coming towards me, they are behind me blinding me. It drives me nuts!!
I can flick my headlights for oncoming, but what do you do for those behind you? Any aux switches to flick some rear LEDs?
Sponsored

purduecrew

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XR392, 2023 JLURD, 2022 Yukon Duramax
Im there with you and have started feeling the same way. The amount of idiots that truly dont turn their brights off but...I prefer to just adjust my mirrors for the rear morons. if that doesn't work, I have good insurance.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Same experience here. Unfortunately, these high-beaming morons are too numerous and I don't believe cops are ticketing them enough for the situation to change any time soon. :(

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I originally put off my wrangler purchase because of this. I had a period in an Impreza where everyoneā€™s lights were blinding me even when not on high beam. I test drove a wrangler at dusk and it didnā€™t feel any better. I think its just a fact of life.
That being said, there are a lot of people who drive around with their brights on. I donā€™t remember this much trouble 10 to 15 years ago. I live in suburbia, so I also have lots of people who drive around at night with NO lights on.
Hopefully focusing on the right side of the road when passing helps.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Im there with you and have started feeling the same way. The amount of idiots that truly dont turn their brights off but...I prefer to just adjust my mirrors for the rear morons. if that doesn't work, I have good insurance.
I think a lot of them have ā€œautomaticā€ high beams and assume it is working.

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Almost as bad are the idiots who drive with no lights on. I saw two of them driving home tonight just at dark with a heavy sleet rain mix coming down. Insane.

Deleted member 53226

I agree that is seems more and more, every darn oncoming car is either using high beams, or just has ridiculously bright lights.

As to solutions, its a tough one. For me, when I see one coming with aggravating bright lights (and especially when I think the driver is a jerk using his/her brights improperly) I like to just go ahead and swerve head-on into the oncoming vehicle. It makes a heck of a mess--and I go through new cars like you would not believe--but it's very satisfying.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
First thing I do every fall after I put 900lbs counterweight in my plow truck is adjust my headlights. Far too many people on the road are either clueless or donā€™t give a sh*t.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
I agree that is seems more and more, every darn oncoming car is either using high beams, or just has ridiculously bright lights.

As to solutions, its a tough one. For me, when I see one coming with aggravating bright lights (and especially when I think the driver is a jerk using his/her brights improperly) I like to just go ahead and swerve head-on into the oncoming vehicle. It makes a heck of a mess--and I go through new cars like you would not believe--but it's very satisfying.
Your insurance premium must be super affordable....

Sponsored

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
My agency teaches us that all drivers should be considered to be idiots.

Do not flash them or they might become more mentally deficient and incapacitated, IMHO.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Jeeps, especially rubis or otherwise lifted, and especially with LEDs, positively blind oncoming even without high beams. I canā€™t really speak for Sports. Itā€™s possible that oncoming traffic is beaming you back in protest. I adjusted my lights, far fewer flashing me or running high beams.

Stating the obvious, but lifting a couple inches really helps with getting your eyes above the light beams of oncoming.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
We have the opposite problem here. Half the people in this town don't turn their headlights on at all and think their DRLs are their headlights. I even told a dude at a stop light and he couldn't figure out how to turn them on.
Sponsored