Sponsored

I hate other drivers!

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This past week I was waiting for kid to come out of practice. My car (no Jeep yet!) was parked across the aisle from a woman who was backing out. It was dark and I was talking with a couple or parents in the parking lot watching this unfold. At first I said, no way. She sees my car and will turn sharper to not hit me. Nope. She continues to back out, obviously not using the optional side view mirror right next to her, and scrapes my right rear bumper - all the while as I'm yelling to stop even before she contacted the car. Luckily it was not a solid hit as she backed out quickly and had some speed. I walked over and assessed the damage and some of her paint rubbed off my bumper. She rolls down her window and asks, 'did I hit your car?' I had to walk away. Not because there was significant damage, but rather, I have no patience dealing with those who lack even a hint of common sense.
Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
When I went back to the dealer with my wife, I wanted her to drive a Sahara before we put $ down. On the test drive with her driving, the salesman in the passenger seat, and me in the back, a lawn care pick up with a really large trailer changed 2 lanes and cut in to the turn lane at the red light we were pulling up to. My wife slammed on the brakes to prevent us from getting creamed... After the test drive, she said "we should get that, I doubt my car would have stopped in time".

Great brakes and good visibility made the sale.

Last edited:

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Every new car my family and I ever had has had some sort of immediate damage done to it, whether it was others fault or our own.

93 Isuzu trooper (loved that thing) had a lady in a caravan with curtains in the back window back right into it.

2000 dakota, front bumper creased on a concrete pylon.

My 2003 m3 rear ended by some kid who dropped his soda in a dodge neon.

Wife scraped her 328i twice on our garage.

2018 highlander, big rock chipped the paint on the hood.

You can't win. Cars get beat if you use them.

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Lmao Miami driver here and you damn skippy if I use my turn signal and you say no better believe I’m cutting in....

Florida driver are the worst especially in rain they forget how to drive completely.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
So within 24 hours of owning my JLUR I had two people blow stop signs and almost hit me, luckily I was still driving it like a little old lady. Then today a co-worker came in and said that someone had just backed into my Jeep in the parking lot. I went out and sure enough someone had backed in and his hitch hit my hitch and left a VERY SMALL scratch. No big deal really but they guy did not leave a note or even check if there was damage. WTF is wrong with people! I left a note on his car saying I have witnesses and I have pictures of his plates and I am going to go over the Jeep to make sure everything is okay. I am not going to do anything but I want him to sweet it out a bit. OK, rant over.
Gee really sorry for your experience. At least that guy did not hit and run. I was in Burger King and parked my SUV in the parking space middle of a big parking lot, and when I came out my back door was dented with some scrapping of forest green paint that you only see in older bigger car. I think that someone that is not supposed to be driving backed up his car without looking (the space between my SUV with other cars was way too big to cause a wreck unless someone just keep on unnecessarily backing up.) It was a hit and run - look, I have no prejudice of older people, I am getting there too age wise, but that BK is a place where a lot of friendly older people hang out - and I think one of them hit my car and run. I guess he stopped going back to BK after that because I don't see that green car in the parking lot anymore.

I think that SUV that I had changed it since then (I dont want to tell you the brand cause you guys would laugh at me) is jinxed because it is really accident prone and it is not my fault. I would park at a parking lot, and someone would open their door carefully when a BIG GUST OF WIND would just suddenly slam their door right onto my door. I know it is not their fault that it happened but it was pretty sucky!

And since I am asian, with part of my car dented up like that - through no fault of my own, I get judgmental look from drivers after they look at my gimped up car! FML!

Lmao Miami driver here and you damn skippy if I use my turn signal and you say no better believe I’m cutting in....

Florida driver are the worst especially in rain they forget how to drive completely.
I heard that Florida people likes to shoot Asian drivers. At least that is the stupid rumor that has persisted in Asian community for the longest time. Not LA, not DC but Florida in general!

I find it funny how every time I'm in my Jeep, I encounter reckless drivers and close (and lucky) encounters. But if I'm in my other vehicles, ones that I can do quick maneuvers in and speed in, everyone drives like a saint.

I hear you man, sucks bullocks.
Do you think that people are more aggressive with a Jeep? Do they think that because Jeep is such a big vehicle that they think that they can overtake a Jeep when the lights turn green? It happened to me many times until I decided to step on the pedal and just zoom ahead. I also think that people are more competitive with you when you are driving a jeep - I know that they are less likely to let me merge, which caused me to just eff them, and step on the pedal, over take a few cars and then merge. Luckily Jeep have awesome acceleration. But really - just like you I don't encounter that kind of behavior when I am in my Honda CRV! Mind you, I am the kind of driver that would let people merge, and when someone is nice to me, I would smile and waves back gratefully.

Every new car my family and I ever had has had some sort of immediate damage done to it, whether it was others fault or our own.

93 Isuzu trooper (loved that thing) had a lady in a caravan with curtains in the back window back right into it.

2000 dakota, front bumper creased on a concrete pylon.

My 2003 m3 rear ended by some kid who dropped his soda in a dodge neon.

Wife scraped her 328i twice on our garage.

2018 highlander, big rock chipped the paint on the hood.

You can't win. Cars get beat if you use them.
Jeep Wrangler JL I hate other drivers! 1facepalm

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
It's the way the world has become. You are in their way and you are supposed to yield.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
It's the way the world has become. You are in their way and you are supposed to yield.
Wait wait!! How about this new trends where (at least here in the big city) people are LITERALLY stopping in the middle of the traffic by merge lane, put on their emergency blinkers and decide which way to go while causing a traffic jam.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Could just be my imagination but it seems after lifting (about 2.5 inches) and putting aftermarket steel bumpers (Warn) with a winch and bright red D-rings, people seem to give me a wider berth...

ArthurHolo

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LancerX, Yamaha, Jeep
Sometimes I'm even scared of using a horn because people start acting crazy after that.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Douche bags in diesel trucks would purposely "roll coal" on the car for NO reason.
:CWL::CWL::CWL: i'm not laughing at you, but with you. however i was lmfao when a import (which i called them ai (aka import asshole)) was high reving the motor and back firing the fart pipes next to a lifted diesel at a red light. when the light turned green the import spun the tires and busted something. the diesel truck did an awesome burnout and coaled the import, leaving the white import covered in black shit. :rock::rock::rock:
Sponsored