HVAC blower loud low hum

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
I just replaced my Air Cabin filter. 13,000km 1 year old. Now the blower is louder with a hum. I checked everything over again. Filter is in correctly, door is closed properly. I don't know if it's a coinsedencce or something moved when I installed the filter which I feel is not possible.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You probably dropped something in the blower.

toneloc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sahara jl
Vehicle Showcase
have the same issue as well after replacing filters

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Not yet, minus 40 here so it's a bit cold lol...I have an appointment Tuesday at the dealership.
Oh man, don’t let them charge you for that, it’s easy to get out.

At least try this: remove the filter entirely and run it. If the noise goes away, the filter is the problem.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

At least try this: remove the filter entirely and run it. If the noise goes away, the filter is the problem.
I removed the filter and the noise is still there. I have the bumper to bumper warranty. Should be good and covered. The Service Manager is good there. I will be picking up my half doors tomorrow so I scheduled service for tomorrow.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I removed the filter and the noise is still there. I have the bumper to bumper warranty. Should be good and covered. The Service Manager is good there. I will be picking up my half doors tomorrow so I scheduled service for tomorrow.
You dropping something into the blower is not covered. Given that nothing else changed besides you removing and replacing the filter, and suddenly, noise, you’ll probably be charged.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You dropping something into the blower is not covered. Given that nothing else changed besides you removing and replacing the filter, and suddenly, noise, you’ll probably be charged.
The fan isn't off balance, it's a loud humming sound. I have checked a few you tube videos and they are saying a bad blower. I noticed I have a high speed in Auto mode, but if i use the manual switch it is not as high when blowing. If something was dropped the switch would be the same as auto, i would think.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a leaf, no charge from the dealership. Noisy low him, more than likely a leaf. Service Manager thought it would be a bad blower. On a different note, aluminum Mopar premium half doors on the order sheet over $6,000.00. CAI on the order sheet $641. So K&N cleanable filter and Mopar tube doors fir me.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
It was a leaf, no charge from the dealership. Noisy low him, more than likely a leaf. Service Manager thought it would be a bad blower. On a different note, aluminum Mopar premium half doors on the order sheet over $6,000.00. CAI on the order sheet $641. So K&N cleanable filter and Mopar tube doors fir me.
K&N filters are absolute trash. The supposed HP gain is all at the top end and in your mind. The horribly reduced filtering efficiency is a bad idea.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How do you remove blower motor in a 2020 Jeep JL. I replaced the filter and I guess a leaf is jammed on the blower. I tried vacuuming and air to dislodge the debris with no luck. I'm switching to the 2 piece K&N so this doesn't happen again.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How do you remove blower motor in a 2020 Jeep JL. I replaced the filter and I guess a leaf is jammed on the blower. I tried vacuuming and air to dislodge the debris with no luck. I'm switching to the 2 piece K&N so this doesn't happen again.
Sponsored