Sponsored

How many use a screen protector on the display screen?

How many use a screen protector?

• Total voters

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I just bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X9SY88J?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Took it off after after driving about 2 miles. It has gaps which drives my OCD and it made the screen look kind of cheap with the anti-blue ray. Just hit the return button on Amazon Prime.

I would like to have one as cheap insurance though. Does anyone have one that leaves unnoticeable gaps and doesn't change the appearance of the screen very much?
Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X9SY88J?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Took it off after after driving about 2 miles. It has gaps which drives my OCD and it made the screen look kind of cheap with the anti-blue ray. Just hit the return button on Amazon Prime.

I would like to have one as cheap insurance though. Does anyone have one that leaves unnoticeable gaps and doesn't change the appearance of the screen very much?
I bought it and with me it lasted about 3 miles. I stopped at a light noticed all the bubbles on screen and ripped it off

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I never intended to get a screen protector until I saw a pic of someone's screen with the protective coating coming off from years of fingerprints. I saw it here on this forum and 2 minutes later I was ordering one.

To eliminate bubbles: after cleaning the screen, start by peeling off the screen protector backing just a few inches from the corner. Line it up straight, then apply it in the corner of your screen and start rolling it out slowly, peeling the backing and working out any bubbles as you go along. If you see a trapped bubble, just peel it back a bit and push it out. Take your time and you won't have any bubbles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I never intended to get a screen protector until I saw a pic of someone's screen with the protective coating coming off from years of fingerprints. I saw it here on this forum and 2 minutes later I was ordering one.

To eliminate bubbles: after cleaning the screen, start by peeling off the screen protector backing just a few inches from the corner. Line it up straight, then apply it in the corner of your screen and start rolling it out slowly, peeling the backing and working out any bubbles as you go along. If you see a trapped bubble, just peel it back a bit and push it out. Take your time and you won't have any bubbles.
i got the tempered glass from amazon referenced above, put it on and have never had an issue with bubbling or anything. I love it cause I can wipe it without worry. Worst case scenario im out $10 and I buy another. Possibly the best/cheapest investment thus far

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
After my dog had a freakout and scratched up the (non-touchscreen) head unit on my JK, putting a protector on my JL's more delicate touchscreen was a no brainer.

Cheap Amazon screen protectors have saved numerous cameras of mine from serious damage. And the Jeep's touchscreen will get far more use daily than those.

Picked up one of the tempered glass versions off of Amazon, not the same as the one linked above, but very similar. It left a very small gap at the bottom (my fault, I am notoriously terrible at applying decals or any other stickers on straight), but it otherwise perfect. No bubbles, no weird glare, no problem. The gap bugged me for a day or two, but I don't even notice it anymore. And it'll make it easier if I ever need to remove the protector.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
i got the tempered glass from amazon referenced above, put it on and have never had an issue with bubbling or anything. I love it cause I can wipe it without worry. Worst case scenario im out $10 and I buy another. Possibly the best/cheapest investment thus far
I've got the Mopar and it has a couple bubbles that bug me and I can't get them out. So I'm going to order one of these up. Thanks for the mini-review! It's down to $9.27, so it's a great deal.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SC8VWNL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I installed this one from amazon and so far so good, can't even tell it's on.
Jeep Wrangler JL How many use a screen protector on the display screen? tempImagepXeQmH
I’ll admit when I’m wrong and I was wrong about this. I posted somewhere in the beginning of this thread that this wasn’t necessary because you can’t see fingerprints when the screen is on and you can just clean your screen.
I see though that it’s more than fingerprints, there are worn down “mashed” Sections where you always hit the buttons. I just ordered the same one. Thanks James.

Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll admit when I’m wrong and I was wrong about this. I posted somewhere in the beginning of this thread that this wasn’t necessary because you can’t see fingerprints when the screen is on and you can just clean your screen.
I see though that it’s more than fingerprints, there are worn down “mashed” Sections where you always hit the buttons. I just ordered the same one. Thanks James.
No problem, for $10 might as well give it some added protection!

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Another convert here. I tried using one when Jeep was new but it never adhered correctly so I took it off. Then after reading this thread, I started to notice some wear on the touchscreen for the "common touch" areas. It convinced me enough to order the screensaver posted in thread above and it went on flawlessly. I can't tell it's there and for the price of a beer at a ballgame, it feels good knowing it'll save the wear.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Mopar protector on mine.
But the glass one that you used seems like a better idea.
I've had both and the glass looked much better. The Mopar did its job, though.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Mopar protector on mine.
But the glass one that you used seems like a better idea.
I never used a screen protector on my head unit before but I’m glad I put this on, it’s held up great still wouldn’t even know it’s there if I wasn’t the one who applied it… Will likely put on on all my cars now
Sponsored