First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I just purchased the upgrade key but received no instructions on the correct steps to perform the upgrade.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
With the activation key ZAutomotive sent you in the email....

ZAutomotive utility program:
https://www.zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/

Using the ZAutomotive utility program:

Copy that activation key and enter it in the blank field .... Now, click “activate”.
If it’s correct, “Activation successful” will appear under the key.

That's it!

Should you be unsuccessful with the activation, do reach out to ZAutomotive . Rare there is a problem activating but...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With the activation key ZAutomotive sent you in the email....

ZAutomotive utility program:
https://www.zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/

Using the ZAutomotive utility program:

Copy that activation key and enter it in the blank field .... Now, click “activate”.
If it’s correct, “Activation successful” will appear under the key.

That's it!

Should you be unsuccessful with the activation, do reach out to ZAutomotive . Rare there is a problem activating but...
Ok sounds easy enough. I wasn't sure about the details related to it having already been married and setup as a lite on my Jeep. Things like unmarry first or just unplug from Jeep, upgrade then reinstall in my Jeep.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ok sounds easy enough. I wasn't sure about the details related to it having already been married and setup as a lite on my Jeep. Things like unmarry first or just unplug from Jeep, upgrade then reinstall in my Jeep.
@Carolina Jeeper

Were it me... I would unmarry the Tazer JL Lite. I would then use the ZPU utility to update the firmware on the Tazer JL Lite to the newest firmware..

After that, then.... as the final step, use the activation code to do the changeover to Tazer JL Mini.

After this go back to the JL and remarry the Tazer JL Mini and do your settings. Remember to as you make the changes, write down the settings you make on a piece of paper.

I'm quite confident, Joe @ ZAutomotive would tell you to do as I mention.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Carolina Jeeper

Were it me... I would unmarry the Tazer JL Lite. I would then use the ZPU utility to update the firmware on the Tazer JL Lite to the newest firmware..

After that, then.... as the final step, use the activation code to do the changeover to Tazer JL Mini.

After this go back to the JL and remarry the Tazer JL Mini and do your settings. Remember to as you make the changes, write down the settings you make on a piece of paper.

I'm quite confident, Joe @ ZAutomotive would tell you to do as I mention.
I was able to upgrade to a Taser Mini from Lite. There appear to be two areas to enter the upgrade key though. First available entry box doesn’t appear to do anything, but the other key entry actually displays the word successful.

Anyway, more options are now available to use. I'm still exploring its options/abilities.
Thanks for the tips on this!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I was emailed a key, i put it in the software utility and activated it. It seemed to work, there was no errors, but nothing on the screen seems to show my TazerJL is now a "mini"
Sponsored