First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I bought 4 large microfiber towels from Amazon, along with a roll of paracord and a grommet kit. Ringed 3 sides of the towels with aligning grommets, then weaved the paracord through the grommets. Each window ends up with it's own microfiber-lined pocket (highly recommend cleaning with Bestop window cleaner before putting them in the pocket). I slide the whole thing into an oversized leaf bag and tie the top in a loose knot. I think I have $30 or so in it, change the leaf bag out every so often. Pull out the paracord and throw the towels in the washer when needed.

The whole thing can lay flat in the cargo area under my enclosure, but usually stays at the house, along with the soft top, in the summer/summer/fall. I just run with a trail cover, a change of clothes and a towel. I won't melt :rain:
Sponsored

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???
I got this same bag and it works great for me. Stands up behind the seat in my 2-door. Since the rear window seems like the one that would crease, I roll up the rear window around a thick towel and lay it down so it is at the bottom when the bag stands up. It may scuff up eventually if you roll it up dirty, but I'll hit it with PlastX when that happens.

Haven't seen any slumping or creasing of the windows. Maybe with it supported by the tailgate and seat on the 2-door it doesn't have room for the windows to slump over or fold.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I got this same bag and it works great for me. Stands up behind the seat in my 2-door. Since the rear window seems like the one that would crease, I roll up the rear window around a thick towel and lay it down so it is at the bottom when the bag stands up. It may scuff up eventually if you roll it up dirty, but I'll hit it with PlastX when that happens.

Haven't seen any slumping or creasing of the windows. Maybe with it supported by the tailgate and seat on the 2-door it doesn't have room for the windows to slump over or fold.

for $50 that is one of the better values especially considering Mopar wants more than 3-times that for theirs.

I also just bought 4 door bags, however I had to buy front door bag for the rear doors, hopefully that works out.

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Mopar bag and have no issues and it’s nice to know I can quickly throw them in if I get caught in a Florida shower which happens. The bag holds the windows pretty snug and to avoid sagging I just fish the long retainer strap through the grab handles and tighten. Hold the whole thing up tight against the back seat.

NLapi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JL Sport S
I did not want to spend the money on the Mopar one either. I ended up finding this table leaf storage bag for 14 bucks. The rear windows off of my 2 door fit perfectly inside and it velcros closed. The inside is also lined so I just put a harbor freight moving blanket between the two and call it a day. I usually roll up the rear window in put in in the trunk.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00406U802/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Eh3VCbW1H3PQN

dcno7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Thanks for this idea! I ordered the bag, rolled up part of an old mattress topper then used some polyester fleece to cover it. Worked great !
Doug
Sponsored