Sponsored

How did you physically secure your Tazer module?

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
I put mine in a thick sock and zip-tied it to that metal cross brace below the steering wheel. Any better ideas?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I mounted my ZAutomotive, bypass module with a 3D printed mount made by forum member @WilhelmSR.

The mount works well with/for the Tazer JL Mini and the Lite as well as the bypass module that ZAutomotive sells..

The mount secures with 2 zip ties. The Tazer JL Mini/Lite/Bypass module, easily slips into the mount.

When you want to remove the Tazer JL Mini/Lite/Bypass module, you just push on the little tab on the rear and it releases the goodie it houses..

What's extra nice about this particular mount is that it covers the port on the mount.

The mount is not visible after you re-install the plastic under the steering column.

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you physically secure your Tazer module? 20210319_155412

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you physically secure your Tazer module? 20210319_152843

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I put mine in a thick sock and zip-tied it to that metal cross brace below the steering wheel. Any better ideas?
Velcro, works great. On and Off and rattle free.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Velcro, works great. On and Off and rattle free.
Yup, I used " VELCRO Brand Extreme Tape Strips | 4 x 2 Inch 2 Sets | Holds 15 lbs |Heavy Duty Black
for over 2 yrs.. Worked well...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJPPNHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been using the same Extreme hold stuff to hold my digital readout gauges and my disconnect switch on my Main Battery for months now.. Has stood up to the heat and vibration well..

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you physically secure your Tazer module? Meterin

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Did mine the same way.
Sponsored