Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners are on sale through Labor Day. Just use the discount code "LABOR" at check out to get 10% off.
If you have any questions just let us know.
Web page link: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
Email: [email protected]
best regards,
Mark
714-872-2071
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
here's my experience. I installed them and I thought I could tell a difference. I had them on for 2 months so that become my "normal". I then added a temporary Yakima roof rack until I had my permanent solution figured out. I really couldn't hear the change of the Yakima rack that I just added but I thought maybe that's because of Yakima design. I decided on getting a Maximus 3 rack, which meant I had to remove 4 hothead panels so we could drill thru the roof. Once I took off the Hotheads - big noise difference - -> I not only heard more wind noise in general but wow that Yakima rack sounded awful now. Then I took Yakima rack off with Hothead panels still missing - I only heard wind noise. Put on Max 3 rack but did not replace HH panels yet. Same amount of wind noise. Just got custom HH panels put in and wind noise decreased. So, I really didnt notice the real effect of Hothead until I removed them (which is not easy and I'm glad about that)

That help?
Thanks it helps! I’m on the fence on whether HH make a difference or not...

I’m thinking of getting the Maximus 3 as well, does HH make a custom fit one around the Maximus 3 roof rack brackets?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Thanks it helps! I’m on the fence on whether HH make a difference or not...

I’m thinking of getting the Maximus 3 as well, does HH make a custom fit one around the Maximus 3 roof rack brackets?
I had to special order the custom panels to accommodate the Maximus 3 brackets. The Hothead owner was super helpful in provide in instruction on how to measure. After many months, I'm super happy with the Hothead Headliners. Worth it.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I installed the full kit last weekend including the sound assassin strips.

They did nothing for me in terms of reducing highway road/wind noise. Not even 1 dB difference as measured on my phone dB app before/after.

I would say they are primarily cosmetic improvement with perhaps bit of thermal insulation.
For sound insulation, it did nothing for me.

At $500, it's certainly overpriced for what you get (bit of fabric/board/foam/sticky tape/strips of insulation).
Aftermarket is young for the JL so prices are high. It's perhaps worth $200-250 to me, Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bite at $500.

Thanks. Was on the fence of ordering some headliners, but you are correct that the market is young for JL Products so might wait till it evens out with prices.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I installed the full kit last weekend including the sound assassin strips.

They did nothing for me in terms of reducing highway road/wind noise. Not even 1 dB difference as measured on my phone dB app before/after.

I would say they are primarily cosmetic improvement with perhaps bit of thermal insulation.
For sound insulation, it did nothing for me.

At $500, it's certainly overpriced for what you get (bit of fabric/board/foam/sticky tape/strips of insulation).
Aftermarket is young for the JL so prices are high. It's perhaps worth $200-250 to me, Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bite at $500.
Hello,
I'm very sorry that you didn't get the results from our headliners that you wanted. We did notice that there is less noise, wind & road, reduction with the JLs than there is with the JKs. We think it's because the JLs are a more solid ride to start with and the wind noise is coming from a different place than in the JKs. I'm mentioning JKs because the noise reduction in those is very noticeable. The fact is that our headliners are designed primarily for temperature, heat mostly, control from the hard top. Noise reduction was just an added benefit. Whenever asked I always equate the headliners to putting carpet in a room without any. They will absorb some of the sound bouncing around inside and the also deaden some of the sound from the top of the hard top, but they are not going to make your Jeep as quite as a regular car.
All that being said, if you are not happy all you have to do is send me an email and I will send you a return shipping label and refund your money. I can't guarantee any customers subject feelings about our headliners, but I can guarantee the absolute best customer service in the business. We are a small all America business and work very hard to provide a quality product at a fair price. My cell number & email is below. Please contact me directly so I can get your order info and send you are return shipping label.
714-872-2071
[email protected]
best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I doubt anyone in Arizona will buy them, with 120 degree days I doubt that glue is gonna stick. I had headliners in my JK and every summer they would fall down due to heat. $520 bucks for some pre cut foam is a bit pricey IMO, but to each his own.
HI,
our headliners will absolutely stay up in the AZ summer. We have 1000s of them up in AZ, TX, FL... All the hottest states. The fact is that your hard top gets just as hot, close to 180 degrees, when it's 95 out sitting in the sun. That is the hottest temp I've ever seen on a hard top. If the headliners are installed according to the instructions they will stay. The 3M VHB tape we use has a short term (meaning hours) rating of 300 & a long term (days) rating of 250. Also, if you ever have an issue with a panels not staying just let us know and we will send you more tape to reinstall the panels. We will also refund any ones order if they are not happy with our headliners.
If you have any other questions or concerns just let me know.
regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
714-872-2071
[email protected]

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I finally got mine installed yesterday and both my wife and I see a lower noise level. It sure helped in my Jk with the heat and how fast the interior cooled down, so I am liking forward to the same since we have the Texas heat. Looks good too.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
mysterywrasse , It seems like you are only one of a few that have not found it to be a improvement having them installed. I have run test with a professional sound meter and there is a noticeable drop in decibels, also using a thermal gun the heat loss and air conditioning loss has been decreased significantly
What kit did you buy?

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I had 10K miles on my JK when I had the Mopar headliners installed. The dealership offered me a deal on the cost plus free installation. I'm not sure why they did that but it seemed like a great deal to me. I'm not really sure that there was much change in the temp or sound except that the stereo seemed to sound a little better. I had 4K miles on my JL when I installed the Hothead Headliners and Sound Assassin strips and have since added 2K. I didn't do before and after db or temp checks but conversations with passengers in the JL seem clearer. The radio sounds much better and it seems to be much cooler after sitting in the sun. I know that this may be just sunk cost and conformation bias but it really does seem to be much better since the install. Easy install, and no problems with adhesion in the Texas sun. Fit and finish is perfect.

The cost. I waited for a sale and saved around $50 paying around $100 more than for the Mopar headliners. The deciding factor was the video available on the Hothead Headliners site explaining the differences between their product and their competition. First, they do not bash their competition. They simply explain why their product is better. Second, they seem to have put a significant amount of time and attention into their design. I'm an engineer so poor design is a pet peeve. Finally, the customer support was fantastic. They emailed me to advise that the light color I had chosen did not exactly match the tan seat color of my JL. They offered customer support and a follow up email asking how they could improve their product and service. They're a North American company paying North American wages so their best way to compete is to make a superior product. I feel that's exactly what they delivered.

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I’ve had my hotheads since I got my JL 2 months ago and love them. They do help a lot with the heat here in Florida, car is usually cooler than my wife SUV. Sound wise I drove it 1000 miles prior to hothead being installed. It does help a bit. Everyone that rides the car is always surprised at how quiet it is for a Wrangler. Of course you can still hear the wind, it’s a Wrangler after all and part of its rugged charm.

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Does anyone have the headliners and the topliftpro to remove the hardtop? I would like to get the headliners but don't want to damage them in some way by using the topliftpro. Just curious.....

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Does anyone have the headliners and the topliftpro to remove the hardtop? I would like to get the headliners but don't want to damage them in some way by using the topliftpro. Just curious.....
Hi,
we've got that question a lot. The topliftpro would damage the headliners on it's own, but if you put something in between where the lift actually pushes on the headliner panels you will be good. Maybe a thick piece of carpet would work but better would be a piece of plywood with some carpet on it. You wouldn't want wood directly against the headliners.
I hope that helps,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Hi,
we've got that question a lot. The topliftpro would damage the headliners on it's own, but if you put something in between where the lift actually pushes on the headliner panels you will be good. Maybe a thick piece of carpet would work but better would be a piece of plywood with some carpet on it. You wouldn't want wood directly against the headliners.
I hope that helps,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
Thanks Mark. Appreciate the info.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
The owner of the company really cares. In today’s marketplace that’s rare. Most companies have reps that may reply, or may not.

Heck the owner responds to the needs of his present and future customers. He also takes time to answer any questions. Which is why I’m ordering these.

I love supporting small USA business’s period!

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Hi,
I hope that helps,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
Would love to see anyone's mods
Sponsored