Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about making a trip out to Hidden falls on Saturday 1/25. I'm still in stock trim so I won't be doing any of the difficult runs, mostly the mild ones and maybe a few of the moderate runs. Let me know if you are interested in joining me.
Sponsored

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
A little too soon for me as we are headed to Cross Bar Ranch this Saturday but maybe next time.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Damnit! I will be in Austin that whole week, but I have to come back to Houston for an appointment on the 25th that I can’t change or get out of. I wish I could go.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I made it over to Hidden falls on Saturday, and had a blast. As my Jeep is my daily driver I stayed mostly on the easier trails, but there were a couple times I pushed my comfort zone. I'm sure the Jeep is capable of more than I did, but since I wasn't with any other rigs I took the conservative approach. There are definitely more lines and trails for the modified rigs, but there was still plenty of stuff to explore for a day trip. I did find the "Hidden Falls" but there was no water flowing. After this trip and the Jeep Jamboree in WY last August, I definitely learned I need more ground clearance in order to get over, & around some obstacles easier. The break-over angle is the killer with the 4 doors. I'm still super impressed with the capability in stock form though.

jeep4.jpg

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well, I made it over to Hidden falls on Saturday, and had a blast. As my Jeep is my daily driver I stayed mostly on the easier trails, but there were a couple times I pushed my comfort zone. I'm sure the Jeep is capable of more than I did, but since I wasn't with any other rigs I took the conservative approach. There are definitely more lines and trails for the modified rigs, but there was still plenty of stuff to explore for a day trip. I did find the "Hidden Falls" but there was no water flowing. After this trip and the Jeep Jamboree in WY last August, I definitely learned I need more ground clearance in order to get over, & around some obstacles easier. The break-over angle is the killer with the 4 doors. I'm still super impressed with the capability in stock form though.

jeep4.jpg
Nice. What trail is that photo from? Did you go to the back and do North Pole? Baby Back?

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. What trail is that photo from? Did you go to the back and do North Pole? Baby Back?
freddiegs is correct the picture is from "The Falls".

I did go back and ran the North Pole all the way across and back down to Park Road 2. I messed around at Dino Falls for a bit and went up to the top of the mountain by the tower and the overlook. I did run part of Baby Back and Turkey Creek and ran all of Rocky, North Peak, and Valley Road and saw all of the park roads while driving around exploring.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I too went to Hidden Falls a few weeks ago. It was light rain and muddy when I was there. I’m a newbie and not lifted so I stuck to the bunny slopes. All the Park roads, went up the mountain, did Boss Hog, and several other easy trails. My BFG KO2 all terrain tires were remarkable but, let’s face it there is only so much grip they can give when this happens:

BB69987E-7E23-417A-AD57-24BADCA1B0FA.jpeg

made slipping and sliding down a slope a bit tricky.

Boss Hogg:

A9BC1B6C-83E0-4D19-96C8-4CAD1EF4A797.jpeg

365129A7-66B4-41C4-B29E-98440566F729.jpeg
Sponsored