OP
OP

Redrelyt12

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Willys M38A1, 2020 Tesla 3, 2021 JLUR
Get RCA to 3.5mm wire. Plug the RCAs into the amp, and the 3.5 into your phone. Play audio and check for noise. This will help pinpoint the problem as either after the amp, or between the amp and head unit.
I swear I have that cable somewhere in my house, but I couldn't spend too long looking. I did, however, disconnect the RCA inputs to the DSR1 individually and the clicking went away with left front disconnected.

I'll have to see what happens when I plug in another source
Advertisement

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Sounds like a grounding issue for sure. The sound is likely from the relay for theat clicking over. If you are running 0g wire for the amps, my first question is did you also upgrade the OEM battery ground to 0g? (I may have missed that). If it's the OEM wire it's probably no bigger than 6g and likely has a insufficient ground even though you're at the battery.

I hope that helps!

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I'd like to install an amp to boost the upgraded speakers I just installed in my JL. Could someone provide me with a schematic of how everything needs to be setup? I understand how to wire the amp itself and that I need to run RCA cables from the heigh10 to the amp, but I'm not sure how/where to splice into the factory speaker harness to connect the speakers. Also, are you guys using a 2 or 4 channel amp or changing the way the factory speakers are wired together? I'm not looking to go crazy with the sound, just a boost in volume. I did use the JL integration kit as well. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

Redrelyt12

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to install an amp to boost the upgraded speakers I just installed in my JL. Could someone provide me with a schematic of how everything needs to be setup? I understand how to wire the amp itself and that I need to run RCA cables from the heigh10 to the amp, but I'm not sure how/where to splice into the factory speaker harness to connect the speakers. Also, are you guys using a 2 or 4 channel amp or changing the way the factory speakers are wired together? I'm not looking to go crazy with the sound, just a boost in volume. I did use the JL integration kit as well. Thanks in advance.
This is an unrelated thread, but your best bet is to run new wire directly from your aftermarket amp to the new speakers.

The factory speaker wiring is very small and you're going to likely be running a lot more power than they are designed to handle.

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is an unrelated thread, but your best bet is to run new wire directly from your aftermarket amp to the new speakers.

The factory speaker wiring is very small and you're going to likely be running a lot more power than they are designed to handle.
I appreciate the reply. Wasn't sure where to ask the question and I saw that someone here had actually did the install. All new wiring it is.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I appreciate the reply. Wasn't sure where to ask the question and I saw that someone here had actually did the install. All new wiring it is.
Wrangler (at least the base audio system) uses 18awg wire which is plenty for the run lengths we have. At 10ft you are looking at around a <.10 ohm load with the factory wires. Waste of time and money to replace unless you are going to crazy power and/or 2 ohm setup etc.

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler (at least the base audio system) uses 18awg wire which is plenty for the run lengths we have. At 10ft you are looking at around a <.10 ohm load with the factory wires. Waste of time and money to replace unless you are going to crazy power and/or 2 ohm setup etc.
Nope, no crazy power. 4 ohm Hertz DCX speakers. 60 W I believe. So if new wiring isn't needed, how/where would I tap into the factory setup with the heigh10?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Nope, no crazy power. 4 ohm Hertz DCX speakers. 60 W I believe. So if new wiring isn't needed, how/where would I tap into the factory setup with the heigh10?
Ah I did a Heigh10 install as well with an aftermarket amp but everything was already in place from using the amp w/factory HU. You'd use RCA outputs from the Height10 to feed the amp but IIRC I had to cut/splice the speaker wires @ the factory harness as the clearances were too tight for the T-Harness I had.

If you are doing a Heigh10 install I would probably go ahead and just run new speaker wires from the amp. Not because it's necessary, but it won't be much more difficult and you won't have modified the factory harness/wiring as there is ZERO room for another connector behind the stinger

BTW have fun stuffing all the wires and harnesses behind the stinger and getting it to sit flush :)

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah I did a Heigh10 install as well with an aftermarket amp but everything was already in place from using the amp w/factory HU. You'd use RCA outputs from the Height10 to feed the amp but IIRC I had to cut/splice the speaker wires @ the factory harness as the clearances were too tight for the T-Harness I had.

If you are doing a Heigh10 install I would probably go ahead and just run new speaker wires from the amp. Not because it's necessary, but it won't be much more difficult and you won't have modified the factory harness/wiring as there is ZERO room for another connector behind the stinger

BTW have fun stuffing all the wires and harnesses behind the stinger and getting it to sit flush :)
Lol, yeah it was a nightmare. Definitely no room to add anything else. I already have the Heigh10 installed and a couple of under seat subs, just wanted to upgrade the speakers and get a little more out of it. If I went ahead and did all new wiring, would I disconnect anything from the heigh10 as far as factory harness or just leave it? Also, I know the speakers in the sound bar are all wired together as well as the front upper and Lowe dash are together. Do you happen to know if they are wired in series or parallel? I know enough about stereos to get me in trouble but any help is greatly appreciated.

matthewgary

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I swear I have that cable somewhere in my house, but I couldn't spend too long looking. I did, however, disconnect the RCA inputs to the DSR1 individually and the clicking went away with left front disconnected.

I'll have to see what happens when I plug in another source
Did you ever figure out the cause/solution to the clicking noise when the heated seats/steering wheel are on? I have a PAC AMPPRO in my setup and have the same noise.

OP
OP

Redrelyt12

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever figure out the cause/solution to the clicking noise when the heated seats/steering wheel are on? I have a PAC AMPPRO in my setup and have the same noise.
I actually sold the Jeep for a 4XE and haven't gotten around to the sound system install yet. One thing I was going to try next was to run the ground to the battery as opposed to the body ground. I don't know if that would solve the issue, but it couldn't hurt

Advertisement

Superchips TrailDash 3

Advertisement