Sponsored

Help! Problems with Mopar LED Headlamp Installation (Halogen Replacements)

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Two weeks ago I installed Mopar LED headlamps on my 2019 JL Altitude Sport. The headlamps are 2020 JLUR takeoffs, I DID NOT run the extra wire for the halos but I DID have the dealer flash and it didn’t correct the following issues:
  1. Passenger low beam occasionally shuts off after flashing the high beams or using the turn signals. The Jeep requires restart for the passenger side to come back on. (I replaced the passenger headlamp once already, it’s not the headlamp.)

2. High beams light up distant but nothing immediately in front of the vehicle as the low beams turn off completely when the high beams are turned on. Only the projectors work when the brights are on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Problems with Mopar LED Headlamp Installation (Halogen Replacements) 9AF4B266-9747-4A18-B5C4-2E66306CF976
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
Two weeks ago I installed Mopar LED headlamps on my 2019 JL Altitude Sport. The headlamps are 2020 JLUR takeoffs, I DID NOT run the extra wire for the halos but I DID have the dealer flash and it didn’t correct the following issues:
  1. Passenger low beam occasionally shuts off after flashing the high beams or using the turn signals. The Jeep requires restart for the passenger side to come back on. (I replaced the passenger headlamp once already, it’s not the headlamp.)

2. High beams light up distant but nothing immediately in front of the vehicle as the low beams turn off completely when the high beams are turned on. Only the projectors work when the brights are on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Problems with Mopar LED Headlamp Installation (Halogen Replacements) 9AF4B266-9747-4A18-B5C4-2E66306CF976
I just installed the Mopar LEDs as well, and ran the wires however my passenger head light flickers in and off, usually off unless I use the high beams. Used the light on the drivers side as a test with no issues.

OP
OP

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
I just installed the Mopar LEDs as well, and ran the wires however my passenger head light flickers in and off, usually off unless I use the high beams. Used the light on the drivers side as a test with no issues.
Did you have the dealer flash it? I recently tried a new set of Mopar LED headlamps and also installed a Rubi bumper with LED fogs and success! They’ve been in for about three weeks now with zero issues.

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
I went to the dealer to flash to computer, which solved for the flicker and now the Jeep knows the appropriate power given the LED swap. However, the halos are still not working even though I ran the wire direct to the BCM.

I pushed the dealer that they didn't enable to halos but they were adamant they did. I subsequently purchased a Tazer and confirmed that it WAS set to LED for the halos so now I am at a standstill. Not sure if the problem is the wiring job I did or the halos themselves on the new lamps.

Before I return the Tazer, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

OP
OP

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
I went to the dealer to flash to computer, which solved for the flicker and now the Jeep knows the appropriate power given the LED swap. However, the halos are still not working even though I ran the wire direct to the BCM.

I pushed the dealer that they didn't enable to halos but they were adamant they did. I subsequently purchased a Tazer and confirmed that it WAS set to LED for the halos so now I am at a standstill. Not sure if the problem is the wiring job I did or the halos themselves on the new lamps.

Before I return the Tazer, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Try another dealer. I ended up having the dealer install a new set and no problems at all. They flashed, no tazer.

Sponsored

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
Try another dealer. I ended up having the dealer install a new set and no problems at all. They flashed, no tazer.
Problem is I installed them myself so if it cost me $195 (hour labor) that's fine. I don't want to pay $500+ for an install where I've done most of the work already. It's got to be the wire or the headlight itself.

OP
OP

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Problem is I installed them myself so if it cost me $195 (hour labor) that's fine. I don't want to pay $500+ for an install where I've done most of the work already. It's got to be the wire or the headlight itself.
I had problems with two lights flickering before I finally went with a new set. Be takeoffs.
Sponsored