Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know or can anyone find out what size bolts hold the 2018 JLU steering stabilizer bracket to the axle? There are 3 bolts that hold it on to the axle side. The guys that did my alignment also stripped these bolts and then threw them away! I called the dealer and they had a hard time finding them, then they said they found them and they are $20 each. OMG. THey are like m10's and 1 inch or so long. $20?

Thank you!!!
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Does anyone know or can anyone find out what size bolts hold the 2018 JLU steering stabilizer bracket to the axle? There are 3 bolts that hold it on to the axle side. The guys that did my alignment also stripped these bolts and then threw them away! I called the dealer and they had a hard time finding them, then they said they found them and they are $20 each. OMG. THey are like m10's and 1 inch or so long. $20?

Thank you!!!
Do you need this right away? I took off my bracket that goes onto axle because of my steersmarts setup. I'd be happy to just send the bolts to you if I can find them. I'm pretty sure I left them on the axle

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Do you need this right away? I took off my bracket that goes onto axle because of my steersmarts setup. I'd be happy to just send the bolts to you if I can find them. I'm pretty sure I left them on the axle
No, I don't need them right away, and how gracious of you to offer them to me. I will take you up on this kind offer and pm you my address. I'd like to cover shipping though.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Jeepers helping Jeepers. Good on you!

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Amen!

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
You’re in luck. It’s these right that you need?

71D1B908-FCD6-4931-B76A-D6AC83C85A5D.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Glad Ruben got you taken care of. The shop should be fixing this for you though right? Also, why did they touch any part of that for an alignment?

Brett

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
YES!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!
Don’t worry about shipping. It shouldn’t be a lot. I’ll toss em in a padded envelope or small flat rate box tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
They had to take it off because it was hitting the drag link. :(

Wolfff

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Safari
Occupation
MS Mechanical Engineering

Thank you!!!
Funny the same happened to me. In my case the thread in the axle stripped since it is cast material and much softer than the screw. The screws should be at least of 8.8 or better 10.9 quality. If I remember correctly the screws are M8x1.25x25mm. The easiest way to to check it would be to to take the bolt and measure the length of the threaded area, measure the diameter in Millimeter and take a thread gauge to measure the pitch of the thread by holding the 1.25 or 1.5 pitch gauge on the thread against a light. If the teeth of the gauge have the same distance as the thread you got the right pitch. A metric pitch gauge comes with every decent tap set or from Amazon. To make sure you have no thread damage in the axle just re-tap the thread in the axle to make sure. If there is thread damage you can use either longer screws and tap a bit deeper or you have to use helicoil inserts.
Good luck

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Funny the same happened to me. In my case the thread in the axle stripped since it is cast material and much softer than the screw. The screws should be at least of 8.8 or better 10.9 quality. If I remember correctly the screws are M8x1.25x25mm. The easiest way to to check it would be to to take the bolt and measure the length of the threaded area, measure the diameter in Millimeter and take a thread gauge to measure the pitch of the thread by holding the 1.25 or 1.5 pitch gauge on the thread against a light. If the teeth of the gauge have the same distance as the thread you got the right pitch. A metric pitch gauge comes with every decent tap set or from Amazon. To make sure you have no thread damage in the axle just re-tap the thread in the axle to make sure. If there is thread damage you can use either longer screws and tap a bit deeper or you have to use helicoil inserts.
Good luck
Thank you for this. I got three sent to me by @RubenZ, so I will go and measure them!

JC604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone knows the part no. for this bolt? My dealer also seem to have problem finding this!
Sponsored