Help! Has anyone see this before??

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I think Jeep overlooked the fact that regular car folks would be driving the JL and not traditional Jeepers who know that temperature is not possible without an engine fire.
Sponsored

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
I’m wondering what the technical specifications of those temperature sensors are. If there is an intermittent short-circuit to supply situation happening, either at the sensor or by the ECU, then the sensor output would be interpreted as whatever the maximum output of the sensor is.

Electrical problem for sure, there is no possible way your coolant went over 400F, your radiator, coolant line would explode long before even reaching 300 F. You engine will have catastrophic failure like rod knocking holes on the blocks.. Same as for the 401 F transmission, it will have a melt down and no possible way you are driving it normally the second day...

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
yeap. most boring place to own a jeep if you do own one.
Hey!
Easy now....although....yeah, ok, you are not wrong haha

That is why we do most of our wheeling in other states:crying:

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I'm wondering if I should even bother taking it to the dealership to look at it. I'm sure if it is a "hidden egg" they probably wouldn't even say anything about that either :facepalm: And how do we explain the transmission temp?
i would take it in and get it looked at. Its under warranty so why not. This would make me nervous.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Same here, just in Celsius. Happens from time to time. All is normal until the engine is shut off, then this appears.
D567FFEA-5F54-479D-AC5E-0FBFDC860733.jpeg
Yeah, I wouldn't want to see that scorching red beam on my gauge even if it is an inside joke at FCA

Sponsored

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Not sure if the question was aimed at me or the thread starter. I have a Tazer, but have never activated the cooldown function until now.
It was actually aimed at the OP, but you apply too. That may be why some people are seeing high temperatures. It used to say somewhere on their site or documentation that certain temperatures would be unavailable while it was triggered, I expect this is because it will override the real signal to a max number to force the PCM to turn on the fans. The Tazer team should confirm this as I don't have one (I use the app-based remote start too much) but that may be the reason for the OP's or your high temp.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer